• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Driving me to a heart attack

Wow, Cathryn!

That's such a good idea :) I didn't even think of it! The problem is that I felt there was a need for something immediate and wouldn't want to wait for things in the mail at this point. Wrigley goes back for his second blood test (to check his liver levels) on Thursday, so I wanted to make sure he was eating and in prime condition :) If Prince Wrigs decides not to eat this food, we will definitely be calling for some samples. Right now, he's resting while mommy cleans the house! He's in his "after-food-coma"! I go back to work this week (I'm a teacher) so I wanted to make sure to get him on the right track while I'm home with him.

I find this whole food thing very frustrating. I think it's hard to take other people's opinions because every dog is different. Plus, there's this whole push for the holistic food without grains (or very little). Everyone feels different about it. I know that my main goal for my doggy is to eat something he likes that is good for him, too. This is just flashing me back to when he was a puppy and one day didn't like Canidae. For two years, he's been a good eater, so I'm crossing my fingers we're headed back in this direction. I'm REALLY nervous about this blood test. If it doesn't come back good, Clint (that's my hubby) and I will have to make some decisions of what to do next. I guess the next step would be to ultrasound the liver. Please think of us on Thursday when we head back to the vet. This little guy means the world to us and we'll do anything for him. I must say having a dog before child was a good idea. Wrigley definitely is preparing me for "human motherhood" one day!!!!

Will most certainly be thinking of you on Thursday!

With reference to your comment on Wrigs preparing you for human motherhood, couldn't agree more, many of my dogs were here before my children and eqally as many have grown up along side the kids, my dogs are my "Fur-kids" and I tell you now if you knew just one tenth of what the human kids have put us through the last 5 years I'd say Wrigs has you well prepared so far!! :lol:

Am sure things will settle down with Wrigs soon!! (y)

Cathryn, that is such a great idea to ask for samples! Some places I buy food from have the sample bags for free, and dog shows usually do too.

Wrigs Mom, :xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw: everything's crossed for a good test!

And one more thing about 'light' dog food - it usually has junk fillers, so it's usually better just to give a smaller serving of the regular food (which is higher quality), then maybe give cut up veggies such as carrots, green pepper, or frozen cut green beans as a snack. :)

Back