• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cheaper than an ER visit

Jen

I posted this a comment to another thread, but thought it was worth posting in this section so more people see it.
If you live in the US and have Petsmart stores in your area, most have a Banfield clinic located within. Many of these clinics are open late and on weekends....even on Sundays. We found this out last year when Gus had kennel cough and our neighbor told us instead of an ER visit, try Banfield...obvioulsy a lot less expensive than ER vets.

We have Pets at Home here in the UK too and my local branch now has a vets within in that is also open over the weekend I believe, useful to know should you ever need to get to a vet PDQ!!

Thats great! One of the local vet offices here (Briarcliff Animal Hospital) in Atlanta are open until about 10 pm during the week and also on Sundays which is great for people who work! I have had Oliver there at 9:30 at night--its very convenient.

Gosh Jen....thank you for sharing that info!!! We have a Petsmart being built nearby....I will make sure to see if they have a Banfield clinic in it when they open. If so, it would be only a 20 minute drive versus a 40 minute drive to the emergency night/weekend vet. That could make a HUGE difference in an emergency!!! Thanks again!!!!!

Back