Thread: Small poops on grain free/Raw?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small poops on grain free/Raw?

Sorry about the gross topic....I have been feeding Orijen and NV Raw Instinct grain free kibble and also the NV raw medallions. Olivers poops are small and very hard. Is this normal? Bentley's seem to be a bit runnier--just the opposite.
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Miles is on the raw meat/veggie diet, and his are typically small and firm - never runny. I think that is typical on the raw diet, even with the raw kibble...
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the case with Jake and Shelby. Small, firm, and very low stink-factor poops from Primal raw. And....couldn't tell you the last time I stepped in poop now that it all in one place and not drip dropped all over the yard.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are on red mill leader and their poop is the same , stink free (nearly) and very small and hard. which makes cleaning time much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

My dogs are on Orijen and they deliver lots of hard stinking poops

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep one of the benefits of raw & grain free is nice small, firm & un-stinkey poos. This is a good thing, not only for you, but also for the dog. Apparently they are less inclined to have anal gland problems than dogs that have large soft poos.

Ah we love talking about our dog poos. Well why not... it is often the first sign we get that all is not well.
    ~ Sam, Sonny & Beau ~