• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Progress!!

Ali

....Molly is only 10 weeks old and we've had no accidents in 3 days now
smiley17.gif
I've been leaving the door open when I can and she's been going out of her own accord! And this morning when the door was closed she started pawing at it to get out. I'm so proud of her, she's been such an angel!! I know she's still a baby though and is bound to still have accidents but just so delighted with how quickly she's picking things up

Bless Her! :lotsaluv: Sounds like she is getting the right idea by asking to go out! One of my puppy buyers bought a little bell that they dangled on a string just in reaching height, then if the door was closed they would hear the bell ring!

:cl*p: Way to go Molly! Keep it up! :cl*p:

Pawing at the door is wonderful. I had to teach this by taking his paw and scratching the door with it! Well done.

:flwr: cl*p cl*p Well done Molly - can you come and give my two some lessons :sl*p: They think Poochie Bells are for :c*t:

Good job, but why would you want your dog to scratch at the door? I would advise against that. We had a dog that scratched when she wanted out, she did a big number on our door. Whether it was to go out or to come in. :mad: Not a good idea if you think about it. :confused:

We have a full glass panel in our door and she's not causing any damage - and as long as we continue to look after her nails (ie trim them regularly) she never will. I'm more concerned with her housetraining than a few scratches on my door to be honest. Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments :)

Every day without an accident is a reason to celebrate!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Do you use a key phrase that you say every time she's outdoors, like "get busy" or "go potty"? That was the BEST advice we got from Kris and Bruce! When Wrigs hears, "get busy" he gets down to business!

Back