• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is it safe

lady and amber

can anyone tell me if it is safe to use Frontline flea drops and Drontal Plus at the same time, I have just bathed Lady and Amber and intend to worm and flea them.

thank you, for your quick reply, that's what I normally do but am a bit late this time with the worming, will leave it a few days in between treatments, as you said better safe than sorry.

I have asked my vet this very same question and he told me it is perfectly safe to use all the anti-parasitics on the same day. Apparently most people do as it is easier to put a mark on the calendar to do X on the first day of each month etc.

Having said that, I do prefer to space these things out and have a schedule where only one product is used in any one week.

i used to give both at the same time to my cat but since having jadan have switched to stronghold which has a wormer in it also so dont want to over do it. i am sure that a weeks grace intentional or not would be fine but all vets say different. i would check with yours if in real doubt as they know your dog and its history may dictate. jadan gets the runs if given at the same time! :( even though i was told that in trials they are given five times the dose! (what they test it on i wouldnt like to think about)

I have treated them with the frontline yesterday and will wait a week before worming, have used frontline before on them so know they are OK with it, but have never used Drontal before so don't know how they will react to it, Amber has EF so don't want to stress her immune system to much, thanks for all your advice.

I guess one of the good things about doing them on different days is that if they do react, then you know what it was that caused it.

Back