• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan's long puppy coat falling out!

Aww wow what a cutie! That is definitely a good example of the puppy coat coming out haha :D! Bailey is about 14 months old, and started losing his puppy coat about 2 months ago right when he turned one. He still has some left on his back, but most of it is gone. He looks much thinner now lol with his long coat gone. There are still areas with long hairs popping through though haha. Goodness, there was SO much fur everywhere. He would sit on me when I read, I would get up, and I would just be covered in fur.

Dylan is sooooo cute!! I just adore him and his coat is gorgeous Pauline!

Lucky's tail is full and lush and his feathering is really coming in but his hair at 14.5 months is still fairly short on top. I rather like it that way and I wonder when his big boy coat will come in. I used to see tons of fur in the Dyson and today there was hardly any, despite being sorely overdue for vacuuming. I'm kind of wondering if maybe he blew his puppy coat and I missed it ...!!!

I've been kind of nervous about Daisy's coat. She's got tons of feathers and has a beautiful shiny coat. She is 16 months old. But I noticed about 3 weeks ago that the hair on the top of her back is extremely short all of a sudden! It kind of panicked me because I got a Furminator about that time and I'm concerned that I did that to her coat!

Is it normal for them to have very short hair on the top of their back and then very long hair on their sides? The short hair is very shiny and lays very flat. But it looks kind of odd that the hair just a couple of inches farther down on her sides is about 6 inches long! Do you think I could have done that to her with the Furminator?

I've been kind of nervous about Daisy's coat. She's got tons of feathers and has a beautiful shiny coat. She is 16 months old. But I noticed about 3 weeks ago that the hair on the top of her back is extremely short all of a sudden! It kind of panicked me because I got a Furminator about that time and I'm concerned that I did that to her coat!

Is it normal for them to have very short hair on the top of their back and then very long hair on their sides? The short hair is very shiny and lays very flat. But it looks kind of odd that the hair just a couple of inches farther down on her sides is about 6 inches long! Do you think I could have done that to her with the Furminator?
What you're describing happened to Geordie at about the same age. I was comparing photos of him at different ages and noticed that. I have never used a Furminator or a Mars Coat King on him, so I assume this is how his adult coat is supposed to be.

Dylan is a handsome boy. I love that tail. :luv:

I was wondering when my Lexie would blow her coat. She will be one on the 25th. Her coat is very soft and the black seems to be longer than the white on her. Some of it just sticks straight out and it makes her look a little thicker that she really is.

Loved the picture where he is holding the pig by the tail. :grin:

Cathy,

Did Geordie's hair progress to being short and flat all over (except for his feathers)? Or did it just stay short only on the top of his back? I was just so surprised when I noticed that about Daisy's coat. I tend to like the longer hair, but maybe if it causes her to shed less, that would be a benefit.

I've been kind of afraid that she would get the cottony type coat after she was spayed (at 8 mos), but I really haven't seen any sign of that.

Cathy,

Did Geordie's hair progress to being short and flat all over (except for his feathers)? Or did it just stay short only on the top of his back? I was just so surprised when I noticed that about Daisy's coat. I tend to like the longer hair, but maybe if it causes her to shed less, that would be a benefit.

I've been kind of afraid that she would get the cottony type coat after she was spayed (at 8 mos), but I really haven't seen any sign of that.
Geordie's hair is short along the top of his back and the top of his head.

One of my girls, Chocolate, has long, long hair all over, even the top of her head. I have been having her hair clipped on top of her head, her neck, chest, and the top of her back and a little on her sides and the front of her stifles. Otherwise she looks totally overgrown, and I can't keep up with her brushing. We've been trimming her fringes and slippers a bit, because the hair just keeps on growing!

Back