• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

new ruby cavalier

hilary

Hi I just joined the forum today so am a complete newbie ! I'm due to get a cavalier puppy in 4 weeks time and as I've never had one before I'd really appreciate any advice . The last dog I had was a scottie and I was lucky enough to have her for in my life for 14 years . She died last january and I 've been dogless ever since . I cant wait for the day to arrive when I collect new puppy ; we visited her a few days ago and met her mother and whole family ! she is a ruby cavalier and sooo sweet .......it's fantastic to have found this forum where so much information is available.

Hi Hilary--welcome to the board! I'll bet you're very excited about your new puppy! I think you'll find this board full of good information and good people. Can't wait to see pictures of your new puppy!

Hi and welcome. You are in for such a wonderful experience. I too am a first-time cavalier owner, and I can't tell you how much I love this little dog. I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this perfect breed....Can't wait to hear all about her and see lots of pictures.Judy

icon_welcome Hilary! I, too, am a first time owner. My kids are all grown and my grandkids are growing too fast as well! Hence the reason I decided on 2 puppies! I can't believe how much I love these two little cavs.
You are going to be so happy with her. :jmp:
(I'm sorry about your little scottie. :( )

Welcome Hilary! How wonderful that you are getting a new puppy!!!!! Make sure to take LOTS of photos because they grow so fast. (I wish I had taken more photos when my two were tiny) We'll all be looking forward to hearing all about the little one when you bring her home and of course we'd love to see some photos! Have you decided on a name yet???

Hi and welcome to cav talk. You must be looking forward to having a new pup.:jmp2: Lots of photos in the gallery of him/her please. Sorry about Scottie.:(

thanks for all your good wishes . will post photos when I figure out how to to do it . not fantastic on computer . maybe my son aged nine could show me !!!

Hello and Welcome! Its great to have new members come into our community. I can't wait to see your new Ruby baby as soon as you can post some pictures.

Welcome to the world of puppy wee, chewing your best shoes and digging up your favourite plants in the garden ;)

I have a 11 mth old ruby male who I bought after my elderly cavalier died. The first few months are really hard work as it's like looking after a toddler, which was a bit of a shock to the system as I was used to a slow moving dog who spent all day sleeping!!!

It is exciting. Have you thought of any good names yet? Mine's a Bertie!

Hello!! icon_welcome to the boards!! Bet you are counting down the days to picking up your baby? :lotsaluv: and don't forget to post :snap: when you can!!

Back