• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh my god I cant believe what he just did

clark67

I have just had to retrieve a headless baby bird from Harvey's mouth. In the dark of the garden. At first I thought it was a frog. Do they normally do this?

In short: yes!

When not rolling in disgusting substances or eating other questionable things. :lol:

Not if your name's Joly. A couple of years ago, he went out for a wee and was 'attacked' by a frog that came out of the dark ( It was 6 feet high and weighing 200lbs, according to him). I don't think he's ever moved so quickly.

ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!!

My cats are bad enough. Jennifer will testify that I scream and scream if the cats try to bring me a present like that.

If the cavs did it, I don't know what I'd do! :( Gotta laugh tho' ;)

ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!!

My cats are bad enough. Jennifer will testify that I scream and scream if the cats try to bring me a present like that.

If the cavs did it, I don't know what I'd do! :( Gotta laugh tho' ;)

Before we got Harvey we had always had cats and I too used to scream if they brought me birds and worse mice that were still alive :)

David's childhood cat used to put dead mice in his sister's bed. It was almost as though he knew that she, being the only girl, would react.

Barney last year got hold of a frog and was playing with it I hope the poor thing was dead before he got it just afterwards he had a baby bird that was still alive and was playing with it I got hold of it before he could hurt it

-----Aileen and the garg (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

There's not a day goes by when Barney doesn't catch a mouse and eat it. He will not give it up for anything and boy can he eat it fast.

Talking about rolling in disgusting things , we bought a fresh ready meal you know one of those things you taste in the supermarket when you are starving , and you buy and cook but its never the same , well this ended up on the ground at the end of the garden for the birds , but you guessed it the dogs thought it was sh*t and rolled in it , The lady in the supermarket the next week when she asked how we liked it wasn't too impressed when we told her that even the dogs thought it was s**t .
Ours arrive in with things from the garden as well , we have 3 cats and the dogs think they are cats as well .
mimi

i was amazed when jadan just walked past a dead mouse in our garden...think the cat got it first. but then calmly walked out of the garage carrying one!!! dropped it like a good boy but ewe!!! yep def likes the rolling in it!! :)

One of my original girls, Candy, came bombing back up the garden one day with her face and shirt front smothered in blood!! :yikes: We thought she'd badly hurt herself but could find no injury to account for the blood. When I investigated the garden I found the remains of a pidgeon she had torn apart:eek: She did this about half a dozen times in her life and always looked so proud, guess she had a pretty strong hunting instinct!

Lucy likes to roll in anything she can but does not like what comes next:D :D , she has never brought back anything dead to us before but loves to chase the birds even though she cant catch them!!:D

lisa

I have had the unfortunate pleasure too of dead things - so far a drowned mouse presented by Merlin to my best friend as she stepped into the front room:eek: and Oakley found a dead mouse whilst we were camping last weekend - needless to say the campsite knew we had arrived when I saw it. I made Joel pick it up after Oakley decided to drop it:D

Last edited:
I have just had to retrieve a headless baby bird from Harvey's mouth. In the dark of the garden. At first I thought it was a frog. Do they normally do this?

You bet cha! Just be grateful if it is fresh & hasn't started to putrify. :p

Back