• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The happy story of Mungo!

Mungo you have landed on your feet, I love happy endings .
Kisses from Heidi and Nifa
mimi

Oh, I am so happy for you all......the way he looks now brings tears to my eyes. I know he feels so loved.

All I can say is....bless your big huge gigantic heart!!! Mungo looks sooo much better. Boy am I glad he's in a loving home now and will be spoiled rotten just like he should be. What a beautiful story!

Nick you and your family are the best!!! Mungo looks so happy and he's a handsome fellow. He looks very comfy in his new bed. I'm looking forward to many months of new pictures. We can watch his coat grow back. LOL

He's a lovely little man, so lucky to have you for his family! :luv:
Yes, we'll be looking for photos of Mungo as his coat grows back in. :)

Hi All,

I thought it was time for a brief update on Mungo. :*bay:

The last month has been so busy for us all. We have been taking Mungo for a couple of walks every day, and he has made a special friend with a rescue rough collie, who lives a few doors away from us. As expected, Mungo is a really sociable little guy, and he loves getting attention from dogs and mere humans alike.:rolleyes: We also got him chipped and insured, so he really is part of the family now!!!

Sadly, we have also had a couple of visits to the vets, as we were worried about Mungo's eyes, ears and general mood. :( He also started yelping, both in his sleep and when awake. In a state of terror, we brought him to the vet - fully expecting to get an SM diagnosis. Our vet assured us that it was far too early to assume the worst, and recommended that we increase the treatment for his eyes and ears first on a stand alone basis. He also had his gland squeezed (poor lad). Now he is on a strict regime of anti-inflammitaries and pain killers (due to end tomorrow so :xfngr: that his yelping doesn't return), Optimmune for his eyes, and Oridermyl for his ears. Happily, he is much better since we started on his regime :p.

I am attaching a couple of :snap:, taken after Mungo was given a treat following his eye drops, just to show how he is coming along fine, and also to act as an encouragement to others to give a home to a rescue dog. It is such a rewarding experience for us all, and we can't imagine life without Mungo!

Hugo and Mungo with chew!
1439077896_a5f25d807c.jpg

How do my eyes look?
1439081046_7a6488a937.jpg

I bet I can outstare you!!!
1438224747_069694a1bd.jpg

Treats are yummy!!
1438221409_2adc6ac200.jpg

Thanks again for trusting us to look after Mungo.

Nick and family

Oh he's lovely. He looks great. What a difference from his first pictures. Are you going to grow his coat long again?

He's looking great, so glad that he's settled well, congratulationscl*pcl*p

and also to act as an encouragement to others to give a home to a rescue dog. It is such a rewarding experience for us all,

Could not agree with you more (y)

Mungo has the sweet life now,someone to always love and care for him. He looks like such a nice boy, glad you have him and glad he has you.

He looks fantastic -- I can see his new coat has already started to come in. What wonderful pictures.

There are so many things that could cause yelping that I'd not get worried -- let your vet help you work through various possibilites. Even if this is SM, I have two SM dogs, both of which lead quite happy lives. There are medications that would likely reduce his discomfort level and given that he is an older gentleman, and he is generally in good shape otherwise, he should do pretty well if he needed those extra painkillers.

Pm me if you have any questions, or give me a ring. Can you PM me your mailing address? I can then send you out my homing pack (which I forgot to do!) which has all sorts of info including some SM info for your vet and/or for you.

You are probably more likely to be dealing with perhaps a joint pain problem though, I think, or some other source of discomfort. (y)

He looks wonderful :) keep the updates coming reading this just puts a big smile of my face! What a lucky boy Mungo it:D

Back