• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Newbie from Northern California

LucyDog

Hi, I am Aimee, mom to 2 human boys, 4 cats, 1 hamster and our newest addition Lucy. Lucy is a feisty 7 month old Blenheim female and we couldn't love her more. We got Lucy about 3 months ago when we realized that we didn't have much time left with our 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Lady. Lady had an aggressive form of lymphoma and even with chemotherapy her remission only lasted about 3 months. We couldn't bear the thought of life without a dog and so we decided to start looking for a puppy. We got lucky and found an amazing breeder who had a litter with one puppy that was available. The person who had put a deposit on Lucy had decided against purchasing her for financial reasons (apparently they never even saw her), but their loss was our gain. Lucy is our first Cavalier (definitely won't be our last) and she is an amazing dog. Unfortunately, soon after we got Lucy the time came to say goodbye to our first dog Lady. It was the hardest thing we have ever had to do, but having Lucy definitely helped with the healing process. I look forward to meeting other Cavalier owners and learning more information about this incredible breed.

Hiya!! icon_welcome to the boards!! looking forwards to hearing more of Lucy's adventures with you and your family and of seeing some :snap: of her real soon!!

Hi there, welcome to the boards, sorry to hear about your Lady :flwr: Looking forward to hearing all about Lucy and seeing some pics(y)

Welcome aboard Aimee. It is really hard when we have to farewell the oldies that have become such a part of our lives & hearts. Recently went down a similar path, so I know where you are coming from.

Lucy sounds like a little sweetie.

icon_welcome

Back