• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

evening beach walk

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I just realised that I had spent the entire summer (such as we have had) without making a single trip to the beach with the dogs. So we all trooped off this evening to Dollymount and I could not believe how excited they were -- the beach is about 10 times more exciting to them than going to the park.

They shot out of the car down the beach and I walked about a mile down and a mile back and they ran nearly nonstop the entire time, Lily in particular. I swear once she lost all that weight and could actually move she has been making up for lost mobility time as she lOVES to run like a maniac.

They are all curled in balls on the sofa now (surrounded by little dustpiles of sand) -- they must have run 4-5 miles if we walked two.

I took a film on the nice Nokia phone I am trialling and will load it up maybe tomorrow. It's a good clip as you can all see how demanding and impatient Jaspar is and also hear Lily doing her pig snorts at one point! :lol:

They were all covered in wet sand and had green legs from the algae on the beach but as always the sand does its wonders and I have three spotless little dogs now that they have dried and been brushed. Wet sand is the best fur cleaner!

We've started to make it a point of hitting the beach every couple of weeks. I enjoy it as much as the dogs. Hate dealing with the sand though....sand in my hair, the car, the dogs, everywhere! Looking foward to the film.

Karlin, I'm glad you and your little babies enjoyed the beach. I bet the beach is a very beautiful one.. can't wait to visit Ireland sometime soon!

Ginger loves the beach too, I don't know what makes her all that excited but she definitely prefers beaches over dog parks any day.

Oh I wish I lived closer to the beach, the nearest one to me is a 2 hour drive away! :( :(

Those of you who live close to a beach make the best of it!! And better yet let your furkids have a total ball!! :D

Looking forwards to those pics from the new mobile Karlin, which one is it BTW??

I, too, would give anything to live near a beach. The closest one to us is at least 5-6 hours away. So, my sweet babies have never been. Maybe someday.....

I guess we're lucky in that we live in a coastal town, and there is a large open area between our town and the next town where you can walk dogs. Access to the beach here, as well as a large un-kept grassy area. Baldrick loves it!!

Yep they were out cold all night, pretty much, but squeezed me way over to one edge of the bed. :rolleyes:

Cathryn the phone is the very cool N95, their new high end phone. It retails without SIM at nearly as much as my Mac laptop. :yikes I love it -- I rarely love phoens, but I LOVE this phone. Don't want to give it back...

Yep they were out cold all night, pretty much, but squeezed me way over to one edge of the bed. :rolleyes:

Cathryn the phone is the very cool N95, their new high end phone. It retails within SIM at nearly as much as my Mac laptop. :yikes I love it -- I rarely love phoens, but I LOVE this phone. Don't want to give it back...

Oh I so want one of those phones!! I currently have the Motorola KRZR which is nice but have heard really good reports on the N95, maybe when my contract is up for renewal and I can get an upgrade they may let me have one!!

Looking forwards to seeing the quality of the video you took on it now!! ;) (y)

My usual phone is a KRZR as well; I like it but the N95 is a very serious smartphone. Think they go in the UK for about £300-400. :yikes Have to persuade Nokia to let me keep one. :lol:

when u are trying to get them to let u keep it, will u try and get me one aswell please!! they are meant to be a brilliant phone! :p

My usual phone is a KRZR as well; I like it but the N95 is a very serious smartphone. Think they go in the UK for about £300-400. :yikes Have to persuade Nokia to let me keep one. :lol:

Yes that's about right if you don't want to take out a new contract and get the phone that way, I haven't seen them available on Pay as you go to the best of my knowledge :confused:

when u are trying to get them to let u keep it, will u try and get me one as well please!! they are meant to be a brilliant phone! :p

Yeah, get them to send me one as well?? :lol:

Have you had hold of one of the i-phones yet?? I read somewhere on the net last week that some-one in the States had had surgery on his hands so he could use it better as the keys are so small!! :yikes:

When Cara and Minnie first started going to the beach, they weren't that keen. They prefered to chase squirrels in the park. One evening at the park we encountered a couple with no less than five S B Terriers:yikes and I decided to give it a miss for a while. Since then, we've been taking the girls to the beach twice a day and they absolutely LOVE it. I try to time it so that the tide is out or at least receding. Minnie shoots off like a rocket and Cara is usually not far behind. They just love it when the tide is out and they can charge around looking for crabs legs :yuk: They've even started to go into the pools which is great because it cools them down and takes out the loose hairs so I have less hoovering to do :biggrin:

We took them to the park the other night and they weren't that interested so I'm delighted. I do take them on leash walks along the promenade, just to keep their nails short and also because Cara especially loves all the attention she gets when we meet people and I need for Minnie to get used to strangers and not be afraid.

Karlin, I thought that dogs were not allowed off leash on Dollymount Strand. Is it only up until a certain time??

The N95 looks like a very well specced phone. I've had nokia's for years, upgrading every year to 18 months. I'm already looking at the N95 as my next upgrade, I've not seen anything that can touch it at the moment!

I added the video to the video section. The lighting keeps changing because it is geting towards dusk and the phone keeps trying to adjust for the poor light.

Back