Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cats

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default My cats

I was taking lots of pics the other day and here are some of my cats. The only one missing is Pippa as she'd vanished off someplace in the house! They are all indoor cats.

Quincy. He's the one who is crazy, and I do mean crazy, about dogs. When he was a kitten he was fostered in a house full of big dogs including a great Dane and nothing canine fazes him. He is happiest when all the dogs jump around on the bed to play then he leaps into the middle of them and lies on his side. He's an excellent cat for cat-training dogs as he is pretty fearless and they quickly give up thinking of chasing such a non-reactive cat. He lost one front leg in a traffic accident before I got him but he flies around the house and up and down the cat tree and onto windowsills. He's a jelly belly though!:

Jessie. This is Pippa's sister; they are both calicos, which is my favourite colour of cat. She has a great personality; very impish and plays almost like a dog. She loves to be chased, whether by cats, dogs or me. She is 8 now and still playful! She's also quite small, just about 4 lbs. She's my favourite. She got out once when a workman left a ladder out back, a couple of months after I got her and Pippa, and disappeared for two weeks. I was sick with worry, went out looking for her every day and put up reward notices, and had about given up on her when a man a few streets away showed up at my door with this bag of dirty fur, thanks to her tags. Kids were throwing stones at her. She mostly slept and ate for a week, she was so depleted, and gradually was her old self:

Ambrose. He was the kitten from hell -- NOT an easy kitten -- abandoned in a box with his brother at 5 weeks and then got very ill with cat flu when I first got him but he pulled through. My girls also put some manners on him in absence of a mother, and he has grown into a big gorgeous semi-longhair that is so laid back. He has the loveliest plush soft black coat; I've never had another cat with anything like it. I just love the way he feels to hold. He's very affectionate, but very shy with other people, and has a very soft deep purr. He and Quincy LOVE kittens and are so gentle and safe with them -- when I've fostered kittens I always put one or the other of the boys in as babysitters (the girls aren't remotely interested in kittens!). He's having a good stretch here -- his favourite spot next to the microwave. He weighs as much as Lily:
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin they are lovely cats, love the on of Jessie she looks very mischevious in that photo!

lisa
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

What lovely cats!! I do like cats but having had a couple meet untimely deaths on the road as a child am somewhat reluctant to have another.

I love your Jessie, what wonderful colouring! My sister in the U.S has 2 cats who were found as stray kittens in the grounds of her works, Princess and Poppet, they too are calico's!!

My best friend had a delivery of hay last year and also a delivery of 2 very young black kittens between the bales!! She hand reared them, they are very like your Ambrose, Jo-Jo and Fluffy are their names and after their traumatic start in life they are extremely friendly cats indeed and totally fearless round her dogs!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful cats with you, maybe you will find Pippa and be able to post a pic of her too??
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quincy is sooo photogenic, love the Kittys!!!
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

your cats are cute ! I love cats. I've got two birmans

Post Thanks / Like

awww Your cats are soo Cute
    Owner of Four Cavaliers
    Rosie(Ruby) Emily(Blenhiem) Buddy (Black and tan) and Roxy (tri colour)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh I'm afraid I just love QUincy best - he's such a character and the photos of him with the dogs always make me smile.

Jessie has beautiful colouring - and with her story I can see why she's so special.

Ambrose had a rough start but is a credit to you - what a stunning coat, he looks really handsome.

Thank you so much for posting these Karlin.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    oh I'm afraid I just love QUincy best - he's such a character and the photos of him with the dogs always make me smile.

Jessie has beautiful colouring - and with her story I can see why she's so special.

Ambrose had a rough start but is a credit to you - what a stunning coat, he looks really handsome.

Thank you so much for posting these Karlin.

Beautiful photos, but I agree, Quincy is my favorite! I love seeing the pics of him and the dogs!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I love them all, how sweet.
    jennifer
    Life with Cavs is like a roller coaster!
    Through the ups & downs, there beside each other always!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quincy is always the most popular in the house with visitors -- he is a love sponge and a goofball so he is hard to resist. Here he is with Lily, who once wanted to have all the cats as snacks:

Here's another, with Jaspar, his very favourite dog in the whole world.

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com