• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Going to the loo outside...

Furry_Monster

Well as some of you may know Sasha has found it very hard to understand that that if we pee and poo outside we have a pee and poo party and if we go inside we don't...Anyway all of a sudden she seems to have really grasped it. She is now starting to go to the door when she needs to go.
The only problem is...when its raining or the floor is wet, she wont go outside. I do exactly the same thing but she just stands at the door waiting to go in. I have tried picking her up, staying in for a few minutes, and then going back outside but it goes on for hours and eventually i have to put her down for whatever reason and the first thing she does is wee. Is there anything i can do to show her that having a wet botty doesn't mean the world is ending ;)
Thanks in advance.

I had a girl who loathed going out in the rain and would hold on for ages rather than get wet. At 13 weeks Sasha is still incredibly young and is making good progress now, I would not go out with her, just put her out and tell her "go potty quick!", this has worked well for me in the past!! Good Luck!!

Awww she is doing extremely well for 13 weeks. We have a covered veranda all around our house and when our guys were just little ones like that they'd go out and pee on the veranda. It didn't bother me. I just hosed it off, and eventaully they just didn't want to pee so near to the house so they would start to venture out in the rain.

Can you provide a little cover somewhere near the house where she could go potty without getting wet, in the short term?

Back