• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ellie to be spayed today

ann

:( Have just taken Ellie to the vet to be spayed, will let you know how she is later :xfngr:

Ellie is home and all went well. She is very restless, and has jumped on the chair a few times ( I have been told she mus'nt do this, but its difficult to stop her :confused: ) Tonight she has to have the plastic hood coller put on , and I am dreading it, I know it will upset her :( . But at least the op went well.
She doesnt seem to want cuddles, in fact she growled at me:( .....

Ellie is home and all went well. She is very restless, and has jumped on the chair a few times ( I have been told she mus'nt do this, but its difficult to stop her :confused: ) Tonight she has to have the plastic hood coller put on , and I am dreading it, I know it will upset her :( . But at least the op went well.
She doesnt seem to want cuddles, in fact she growled at me:( .....

Do you have a Onesie / Babygrow that you can put on her instead of the collar? You just cut a hole in it for her tail. It will stop her from getting at her wound. I'm sure she will be fine by tomorrow...............:hug:

I wish I had read this post earlier, no I never thought of a babygrow, and I have just put the collar on her before we came up to bed, but she wont lie down properly and I am scared to take it off in case she pulls her stitches out. Poor little might she is going to have a sleepless night and so am I :( h*lp

Hi! Gald to hear the op went well. It is very difficult to stop them jumping around afterwards as my parents found out recently when Tasha was spayed. big kiss and a gentle :hug: to Ellie!! :lotsaluv:

I got up early this morning and Ellie was laid on her tummy , legs outstretched at the back. She didn't get up when I walked in, she just wagged her tail. So I dont thing she had slept in her bed, where I had left her, or in her cage where I had put a duvet so she could stretch out.
She was OK as soon as I removed the collar. I phoned the vet and told them what had happened, and asked if I could either wrap a bandage round her, or put her in a babygro and they said yes. :)
She isnt licking her would a lot, but she can scratch it with her back leg( somthing I hadnt thought of)......Anyway all is well, and tonight my baby can sleep well without that ** collar.....

:confused: Bandage doesn't work it slides down.....please does anyone know what size babygro I need to buy and what type ?? Ellie weighs 6.6 kilos

You know... Pickles is going to have to be spayed in November and I'm dreading it. She'll have to stay overnight and I really hate that. Then... the whole aftermath of surgery worries me although I KNOW that dogs (and cats) recover quickly. Still... I don't want to take her to the hospital:-?

Zizzi Ellie is doing really well today. You will have seen I have put a picture of her in the baby grow. It was the lampshade collar that really upset her last night, otherwise she is just fine and eating well. She doesnt seem in pain, just uncomfortable with the stitches. I am sure tonight she will sleep well in her pink baby grow. I would never have thought of it if I didnt belong to this great site :rah:

Back