• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Things they bring home

I have been with both my other dogs when it was time for them too go over to the other side, both times it was a gentle time and they just drifted of too sleep. but what happened on Friday had me freaked out, my mother passed away last weekend after a long illness, I went up to see her in the chapel of rest, one of my cousin's was with me and she leaned over into the coffin and stroked my mothers hair and kissed her. just thinking about it sends shivers down my spine, I could look but not touch

I'm sorry that you lost your mum, but it's a relief, after a long illness, as I found with both my parents. Your cousin's actions were repeated by my mum's brother-in-law, when her sister died and it made her feel funny, too. In fact she warned me, as a 12 year-old, that the cofin was open and I ran away from the funeral. I think it's this and my experience a couple of years before, that accounts for my efeeling disturbed by dead things. ( I was on a fairground , with my parents, when an ambulance drew up and brought out someone from the onsite theatre. I stood peering through the gap between door and hinges, on the vehicle, like many others , and got a glimpse of the top the head of the stretchered man, as the blanket covering him slipped. I was absolutely shocked to realise that he was dead, though as I looked about to pass out, my parents insisted that his face was covered to keep the wind off him, but did tell me the truth later.)

Back