• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing Dylan to some new animals *pics*

*Pauline*

We had a lovely time in Brentwood park yesterday. It has beautiful deer, cows, swans and many different ducks. I kept Dylan on his very long horse lead but you can let your dog off there. I like to get him used to different animals as we have sheep, donkeys and horses in the next road to us and I wouldn't want him to bark at them. He barked the first time he saw the deer but then he was good with everything, very pleased.

"Mummy, let me get closer!" Dylan pulls for all he's worth.
1340653355_037820c715.jpg

Right colours, wrong shape. If I turn my back, maybe he'll go away. This fella was a puppy and for once more enthusiastic than Dylan to say hello.
1340643269_bcc6dcd8ef.jpg

"Oh, what bread are your Dogs", I asked. "Chows", they replied. Then I remembered that thread about the puppy mauled by a Chow :confused: Dylan was very submissive to these dogs but they were nice. Chows have black tongues and mouths, I didn't know that. Please take note of the typical English mans, shorts, shoes and socks!! :lol:
1340626993_e1c1d92633.jpg

Ah, you're more my size.
1341537050_24920a3cc9.jpg

Wow, look at those Mum!
1341508802_909c21d94d.jpg

The beautiful lake.
1340638571_5f9b28c8a5.jpg

It's so hot today Mum.
1340630431_54719b7330.jpg

Time to go home.
1341523046_7f1f041b22.jpg

Aaaw, Dylan is so lovely. Wasn't he brave? I wonder what he would have done if the swan had come out of the water.:eek:

Mungo met some cattle on Tuesday - through a fence of course - and stood there wagging his tail nineteen to the dozen. The cattle looked a bit bemused though!

Nick

Well, those deer are Blenheims. That photo reminds me of Cindy, my springer. There used to be some garden allotments near us (long ago built on) and some poultry kept in the plot next to a public pathway. Cindy would sit for ages watching the turkeys, absolutely fascinated, especially when they made the gobble-gobble sound.

The only chow I've met was ared coated one, with something else in the mix and he was a lovely tempered dog.

Great pictures, Pauline. Thanks for posting them. It certainly looks like Dylan had a wonderful time. I love the pciture of Dylan trying to figure out what type of dog with the funny neck floating on the water was! He looks like he wants to go play with that doggie in the water!

What a cutie Dylan is!

My little dog, Pickles, just LOVES other dogs of all shapes and sizes. She gets so excited and happy whenever we see other dogs while we're out on our walks that I feel badly about the fact that she's an only child :(

Awww thanks for sharing these pictures with us. I love all the words you put with the pictures. Looks like you and Dylan both had a great time!

I like the big smile on his face knowing he is having a great time learning about other fur friends around. :)

hehehehe the short socks with shoes, that cracked me up :D:D:D!!!!
I always wonder what the doggies must think when they meet new creatures likes swans and deer, how strange it must be for them! Dylan is such a handsome boy

Back