• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wallis - health update

Crittercall

Wallis and the other girls (except the baby) boarded this weekend while we went to Chattanooga. I told the vet that she has been coughing a pretty good bit lately and we agreed that a chest x-ray was in order.

Well, I'll tell you that there is nothing that gets your attention quite as much as a message from your vet when you get off the plane and turn your phone on!! A hard call for me to return.

Wallis's congestive heart failure is worse and he has put her on enalapril and lasix. He also did blood work. Her kidney function was only slightly elevated and he is going to check again tomorrow to make sure that the lasix haven't had a negative affect on her kidneys. Another chest film done on Friday showed some improvement in the fluid around her heart.

And now we have Tibby on the list. She has also been coughing. Her x-ray showed some bronchial problems and a collapsing trachea. He let me make the call about putting her on meds, and I think she coughs enough that she should have them. So she is now on a broncho-dialator.

We look like a pharmacy when we feed them anyway. Now the three older dogs are on meds and it's gonna be a nightmare.

As is my habit with Wallis, I'm trying to not think about all of this as having anything to do with MY dog. The thoughts of her going down hill just destroys me emotionally.

Will let you know what tomorrow brings.

Keeping :xfngr: that everthing goes alright today please keep us infromed
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

:hug: I will keep Wallis, Tibby & you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the meds help them. :hug:

Having lost Izzy and Monty having a deteriorating murmur,I'm sorry that you are having to go through this and know how you feel, but, even when things seem bad, cavaliers are determined little dogs and will put up a good fight. I had Izzy for over two years, even when his murmur was top notch, as modern drugs really are so good.

Her kidney function was better today - BUN was 21. That's a big plus. Of course they are all worn out from boarding and are glad to be at home.

But when it rains it pours. We've been treating Sasha (shihtzu) with an anti-anxiety med. She has separation anxiety and will sometimes just start screaming when she can't see one of us. The doctor mentioned today that it may be Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome (CDS), which is similar to Alzheimer. She's only 5 years old!

I'm sick, too, which doesn't help me deal well with any of it. Some days your the fire hydrant, some days your the dog. I've been the hydrant for a while now!!

So sorry about your Sasha (shihtzu) a bit better news for Wallis please you get better has well
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

GLad to hear Wallis is a bit better. So sorry that Sasha seems so distressed. And you too!! My when it rains it surely does pour. :xfngr: you all get well soon. :D

Oh boy, you sure are having a rough time. :xfngr: Let there be smooth times ahead all round.

Back