• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chewing

Baldyboy

Baldrick has the occasional good scratch just like any dog. However, at the moment he is chewing himself a lot, to the point that a (visually) fine area will have the fur pulled out and the skin becomes almost raw.

He did have fleas a few weeks ago, we frontlined him, both cats, and treated the house with the spray our vet supplied. Also we can't see any flea's on him, been no flea dirt on the bed covers (where he sleeps overnight).

We've booked him into the vets, and in the meantime I have a buster collar to help stop him short term (although I dont want to use it if possible - he hates it), but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Many thanks in advance.

Maybe the flea-scrathing left a wound, or its some kind of allergy or maybe o sting (mosquito etc). Don't worry, skin diseases are nothing serious, the vet will tell you.

Poor little Baldrck. Fleas can also cause dermatitis and even though perhaps the fleas are gone, he may still be suffering skin irritations because of them. As Cathy said, it could also be allergy from them too. Yes, please keep us posted.

Back