• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Change puppy food to adult

vivitig

Hi everyone!!

When do we stop feeding puppy food and start adult??

I'm feding BARF for the past months but i have Orijen food left. If adult time is comming i have to consume it:)

Sorry, i should have posted this in "Health and Diet".
Karlin, if you want, "take me to the right place":rolleyes:

i feed my puppies puppy food and there is nothing wrong with them! i will start feeding them adult food when they are 1 yr old!

There's been a lot of discussion (sometimes heated) by breeders on this subject, both for and against feeding puppy food. I would suggest feeding what your breeder recommends. We suggest to our puppy people to feed puppy food until 6 months or so and then gradually transition to adult.

If anyone can, pls write a link of this discusion. Cause if i start searching now, i'll finish after Fivos becomes an adult :sl*p:

Sorry i just reread my post it sounded like i was telling people not to feed puppy food. I was trying to say i never feed them puppy food. Only because of what i seen on previous posts. Sorry again.:razz:

I fed Sally puppy James Wellbeloved until 6 months old and now she is on James Wellbeloved Junior. Once she reaches a year old I'll swap her to adult. I'm not sure what is best but I thought it can't do any harm feeding puppy food. I also thought the kibble in adult food may be too large for a young puppy. It is annoying though that puppy food is never on offer!

If anyone can, pls write a link of this discusion. Cause if i start searching now, i'll finish after Fivos becomes an adult :sl*p:
:lol: I searched for a heated discussion but couldn't find one! I think some of the older threads have been archived.

I used to be all confused about what to feed mine when they were puppies. :huh: The breeder said to feed them adult food, and the vet said to feed them puppy food! :lpy: So sometimes we mixed half puppy and half adult. Then I found out as long as it's a high quality food, you can feed adult food to a puppy. :)

It seems to me there were some discussions on here (or maybe the other board), but what I was refering to were more disscussions between breeders at shows both Kris and I have been to.

Again, I usually recommend following what the breeder recommends, even if I happen to disagree with it. Sometimes the less than stellar breeders will refuse to honor a puppy gaurantee it you do not follow their instructions to the letter.

Back