• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Okay, Sorry about these questions...

pinkpuppy

A breeder that I have written to has finally contacted me regarding a litter of puppies she had. First off, she didn't interview me. I know even rep. breeders can fall off the wagon sometimes. Secondly she didn't answer my questions about who the dam was and where the sire is from. She just sent me an email saying they're $2500 a pup. My third question was could I see some health records about the parents. If she could provide the OFA and CERF registrations for a search would have been nice. But, she didn't provide any of the info nor did she ask or answer any of my questions. She just asked $2500 for the puppy which I told her did not bother me at all.

My bottomline question. Is she hiding something?

Have you spoken to her? I mean other than an Email?
Tell her you'd like to speak to her on the phone, then ask her the questions you'd like answered....If she still avoids the questions or is evasive, then Ya- shes hiding something.

Okay, I called and just got the answering machine. I hope she will call back, but I seriously doubt she will. Looked at her email again and it was very suspious.

I think any time your gut tells you something isn't right it is best to leave it be.

Though first contact via email is probably ok I like the idea of breeder & potetial puppy homes talking face to face where possible. If that is totally out of the question due to distance then most definitely a telephone conversation is preferable over email.

The problem I see with email for these kinds of negotiations is that if someone is asked a curly question, it gives them time to go away and compose a good answer. I like the on the spot questions & answers, personally.

Thanks, Caraline! I think you are right on about gut instinct. I am going to speak with the lady from CNE tomorrow morning again. I written her so many times and spoken to her on the phone. She's practically forgotten me! Only, thing is I can't understand her because she speaks so loud when I'm trying to write down all the breeders that currently have/had puppies. My ears go *ouch* but she is such a lovely lady and I just spied her picture on the web for winning something for one of her beauties. P.S. that is also the reason she lost track of me. Dog people are always at some dog show! I want to be there!:(

Good Luck with your search for a breeder!! I am with everybody else - if something tells you it's not right, run.. Fast!!! :)

Last edited:
....I see some health records about the parents. If she could provide the OFA and CERF registrations for a search would have been nice.

You can search the OFA website with her kennel name... you don't need specific numbers.

Back