• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phantom Pregnancy? Or one hidden pup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,:(
I've just been to the vets with Tara to have her scan. She should be four weeks from Tuesday (first mating). We went in with expectations and came away a little deflated. The vets couldn't see any puppies, which was a shock as she seems to be showing all signs pf prenancy. Her teats are enlarged and very pink, she's looking for more food than normal, and she tires very quickly when out for walks (she normally runs around like a little wippet). I'm very confused. The vet wants us to go back in two weeks to check again, as there might be one pup hiding far up in her ribcage. I asked about phantom pregnancies, and she said that it is very common for bitches to show all the signs of being in whelp when their aren't. I'm feeling quite low, as my poor little lady seems to really want to be in whelp. If she isn't, I know that the studs breeder said we can go back again (free of charge), now i'm not sure what to do. Obviously i'll wait to see what the next scan says before contemplating trying again with her next season. Any advice guys? Have any of the breeders out there had this experience?:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back