• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I know I'm a fussy but..

*Pauline*

Just need to get this off my chest..

You may remember my thread about the arrival of my creased up registration certificate for Dylan. Well,I called them andwas promised a new copy in a card envelope if I send back my original which I did by recorded delivery :)

Guess what gets squeezed through my letter box today, my new cert, in a soft envelope all scrunched up :mad:

I called again and was told there is no way to notify the people who print the cert to put it in a card envelope. She said if I send back my cert again I'll be sent a new one. I said no! I asked her to send me my new one with a prepaid envelope then I'd send it back as I'd spent enough on postage and calls. She said don't worry, just destroy the creased certificate when the new one comes!

When you pay £12 for a piece of paper, you want it to arrive in good condition, don't you?
:bang: at the Kennel Club for being so sloppy and :sl*p: at me for being so fussy!!

You are not fussy at all. At least they could do is put it in a proper envelope.:xfngr: the next one is fine. 3rd time lucky.

I don't think you are fussy at all. You have a right to want any legal documentation especially a certificate to be delivered in good form. What would be the use if they sent a crumpled certificate that could not be framed even. Including wasting precious time and postage would leave any person fuming.

I chse not to be presented with my degree certificate by Princess Margaret, so had it posted to me. It arrived with a corner of the parchment bent upwards, but they wanted £25 (and this was 18 years ago) to send a replacement. I was annoyed, but not willing to spend out, so left it be. It doesn't bother me now. In factI, I don't even know where it is.

Last edited:
Barbara, that would drive me crazy but you are right, I will forget about it soon enough. It isn't going on the wall, I'm only going to file it. But all the same, it is special to me.

A registration certificate wouldn't bother me crunched a bit. (I have a couple CKCSC,USA certs that aren't perfect) I just need it for keeping records etc... NOW a Championship certificate-- I would want pristine.

Last edited:
NOW a Championship certificate-- I would want pristine.

Me too!

I agree it is annoying when things arrive bashed around in the post, especially something as important as this is to you, ironically when I received the puppies registrations they too came in an ordinary envelope, whilst the 5 generation pedigree's I ordered at the same time, came in a board backed envelope! Surely it would have been more efficient, not to mention cost effective to have sent the registrations and the pedigree's together in the same envelope?? :confused::confused:

Back