• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need Help trying to Trace a Cavalier Line

Thanks Ruth, thats more than the KC have given me when I contacted them several years ago, still don't know why they don't have a searchable database for pedigrees up there.

Didn't realise he had so many offspring... but then I wasn't that interested in that side of things, I just kept my agreement with the people I got him off. As far as I remember the original breeders worked alongside another kennel, and its those I am trying to trace, but I've no idea what the affix for them were, I do remember where they lived, and know they don't live there now, might be able to track down where they moved to by asking around the neighbourhood.
My mum is trying to see if she can go through someone else who is related to them.. so fingers crossed.

Your friend doesn't happen to know offhand what the Dams name is of any of the offspring? it might trigger my memory a bit..

oh and I can't be sure of the exact year or age he was, as I have a problem with my memory so it can be a bit sketchy at times.

I've argued with the Kennel Club here in Britain for many years asking that question .

Why wont they refuse to Register Puppies whose Sire and Dams have not been Health Tested
But the question has to be being asked ,would they lose too much Money from Puppy Farmers etc if this was carried out.

Bet
Think you have hit the nail on the head there Bet IMO. That is why I won't add to their coffers by transferring ownerships, name changes etc., I think they have alot to answer for and as has been mentioned in an earlier post, anyone just needs to study the Breed Record Supplements to see how much puppy farming is going on under their very noses!!

Thanks Ruth, thats more than the KC have given me when I contacted them several years ago, still don't know why they don't have a searchable database for pedigrees up there.

Didn't realise he had so many offspring... but then I wasn't that interested in that side of things, I just kept my agreement with the people I got him off. As far as I remember the original breeders worked alongside another kennel, and its those I am trying to trace, but I've no idea what the affix for them were, I do remember where they lived, and know they don't live there now, might be able to track down where they moved to by asking around the neighbourhood.
My mum is trying to see if she can go through someone else who is related to them.. so fingers crossed.

Your friend doesn't happen to know offhand what the Dams name is of any of the offspring? it might trigger my memory a bit..

oh and I can't be sure of the exact year or age he was, as I have a problem with my memory so it can be a bit sketchy at times.

Was he registered to you? If so and you still have his registration number to hand, you should be able to approach the kennel club for a list of all progeny he sired, Yeah I know adding pennies to their coffers again for the info, but a small price to pay for such a quest surely?? ;)

Ahh I didn't know the KC did that, thanks for the heads up. Last time I contacted them with his registration number and everything they told me, basiclly they couldn't help me. That was quite a few years ago though.

Bet: Its really sad isn't it when even the KC morality comes down to being money based.

But then, just how ethical is anyone breeding any dog with any hereditary or genetic faults in it, because lets face it, most of them have them.

Sure, they might be "graded" in some instances, or it might be known that MVD won't turn up till the dogs a bit older, but does it really make it right? it is after all, still a death sentence no matter how you look at it.

If the Kennel club won't change their breed standards for the good of a breeds health, well, it speaks volumes. Maybe the only ethical breeders are those who breed dogs without "any" genetic or bad DNA - and those would likely have to be dogs who don't meet the KC breed standards. (and the huge question is, are there any dogs left that are without bad genes?):paw:

Back