• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Something to chew

brid kenny

Does anybod know of something to chew that doesn't affect their weight and takes a dog ages to chew?

Plug the small hole end of a Kong, put a couple of tablespoons of fat free chicken broth in a cup of water, fill the Kong and freeze (you have to set it up in the freezer carefully). My Clumber who is a huge chewer and my Cavalier who is not so much a chewer but is a little pig will lick and lick and lick on their Kongs when frozen like this and it has almost no calories. If they really want to chew you can try making ice cubes this same way, but for me the Kong lasts longer. You can also stuff Kongs with frozen cut green beans or chunks of raw carrot. Finally, take a marrow bone and boil off the marrow and any fat. The bone will still have lots of flavor and for some dogs this will keep them busy (although some do not seem to enjoy it unless there is meat or fat still on the bone). I feel your pain! Been there, done that!!!

Watch them closely when they are chewing flossies - one of our members had quite a choking scare. :shock:

I will u the frozen kong idea on Sam. Thanks for the idea as i have been stuck trying to find low cal treats for him. :p

Back