• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

You know..................

frecklesmom

Couple of new lines here................

You Know You Are a Dog Person When...

You have a kiddie wading pool in the yard, but no small children.
Lint wheels are on your shopping list every week.
You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places around the house, but no babies.
You refer to yourselves as Mommy and Daddy.
Your dog sleeps with you.
Poop has become a source of conversation for you and your significant other.
You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there are nose-prints all over the inside.
You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but she understands.
You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't.
You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times.
You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid.
You sign and send birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards from your
dog.
You put an extra blanket on the bed so your dog can be comfortable.
You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than go to the movies with your sweetie.
You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your dog loves to go with you.
You get an extra-long hose on your shower-massage just so you can use it to wash your dog in the tub, without making the dog sit hip-deep in water.

Well, all but 3 of those is true of me! Even this one:

"You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't."

Once I met this girl in her 20s who said Dylan didn't have the right shaped face for a Cavalier and he needed to grow into his ears. Silly cow! :swear:

Those statements are so true! I liked the one about going the pet shop because they let the dog inside!! :p

Well, all but 3 of those is true of me! Even this one:

"You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't."
:

A woman came into my work the other day & I mentioned I had 5 dogs , her first words were " oh, you'll have a load of c*** to pick up, & dont the nieghbours complain about the noise"

That was enough to put me off her , lol she also said she owns a curtain shop in the town so i've made a note never to go there ,lol

True about everything!
I wouldn't say "despise", but I did get annoyed: I had some friends visiting, and we went for a long walk on the beach. Molly was in her long leash (8 metres long) enjoying running back and forth, investigating everything... when they said that I could go to puppy school and teach her to walk beside me all the time, I really got annoyed. First of all: They don't have dogs themselves. Secondly: I DID go to puppy school. Thirdly: What's the point of taking your dog for a walk, if she/he just has to walk beside you all the time and you can't let them explore the surroundings? :luv::luv::luv: It was okay if we were walking in the city or somewhere with lots of people and traffic, but on the beach???????

Last edited:
I on line with all of the statements! I just went to lunch with a fellow cav mommy and we sat outside in the doggie patio so we could take our furbabies with us

Here is another one
If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either."

Aileen and the gang (Barney----Jazzie---Sam)

If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either.

:xctly:Though we haven't met anyone Dylan doesn't like yet but when friends come round, Dylan attaches himself to one person and they are the favourite for the evening.

Here's another one to add it as well!

Your bathroom is full of expensive brands of dog shampoo whilst your family makes do with the bargain range from the supermarket! :lol:

Sadly, all of the above is true for me as well!! :lol:

OMG .... It's like I wrote that list ...

My sister likes to come over here so she can wash her dog in my tub because I have the long hose shower nozzle ...

So funny!

Here's another one to add it as well!

Your bathroom is full of expensive brands of dog shampoo whilst your family makes do with the bargain range from the supermarket! :lol:

:xctly:
My shampoo
1388638804_c17a67ace6_m.jpg

Dylan's shampoos
1388636502_b5b02e658a_m.jpg

Pauline , I bought the same shampoo and conditioner as you :p I think it was on special in Tesco :D

All of that list applies to us as well # I wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Back