• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy passed away - 15 September.

emmawright

Hello everyone,

a short message to tell you that sweet little Daisy passed away today. It was to do with her DE/CC, she was in a lot of pain, but i got her to the vet and the vet said she had had enough, and i agreed. She is in a better place now, but i am absolutely heart broken. She only got to a year and 2 months old.

Emma

761898855_22506fc596.jpg

:cry*ing:Emma, I am sooo sad ... I have tears running down my cheeks after reading your post.

Emma was a little Cavalier angel and now she's a real little angel at the rainbow bridge. *ng*l

I hope your memories of Daisy and knowing she is out of pain will help provide you some comfort as you deal with the pain of losing Daisy.

:hug::hug: Hugs to you & BlueBell

Oh Emma, I am just so sorry. She always touched my heart in a special way -- she just was so sweet -- and I loved seeing her pictures and her modelling all your lovely coats and other items on your website. I know what a heavy burden this must be for you and it is a tragedy she had such a short life. But she had a very full one and she was so happy to have Bluebell join your family too; that was very much the right decision for her and for you. You did your very best for Daisy and I know how you must be grieving. I am glad you have Bluebell there to help you through this time.

Oh Emma.. I am heartbroken to hear of Daisy's passing :( You are such a great mother - there's nobody else I know that would have done as great of job as you :) I hope that in the following days Bluebell is able to comfort you and help you to heal. Daisy struck a chord in my heart that no other cavalier I've met has. She was truly one special little dog. You're in my thoughts and prayers during this terrible time.

Run pain free and careless at the bridge, little Daisy. :lotsaluv:

Emma I am so incredibly saddened to hear this tragic news, you are very much in my thoughts tonight.......:flwr: *ng*l

Emma, I am so sorry to hear about your BEAUTIFUL Daisy. Distant healing coming your way in an attempt to help your broken heart:flwr:.

Emma I am so sad to hear about Daisy.
It is very courageous of you to let her go knowing she had had enough.
I have a massive amount of respect for you and the work you put in to give her a happy life it would certainly not have been easy but I believe you were blessed with her for a reason and you were definately the best mum in the world for her. I think when you have a baby with health problems it brings you closer together and strengthens the already tight bond, I can only imagine the pain you are feeling and will pray that your happy memories will overshadow this quickly.

Big hugs, kisses and healing prayers from me and the boys.

Dear Emma,

I know you and your family are feeling such deep loss right now. I've been keeping up with Daisy's brave journey, and you truly made her short time on earth as happy and comfortable as possible. Few dogs in this world get to experience the degree of love Daisy was able to enjoy. I'm so glad for her that she was able to pass on peacefully and that she is forever free of pain. God bless you and sweet Daisy.

-Ana (aka.KingstonsMom)

Thank you for all your kind messages. I miss Daisy very dearly, George and I have been up all night crying. The house feels so quiet now without her. I know i made the right decision, but it is still hard to come to terms with. Bluebell misses her a lot too, i can tell she is wondering where she has gone.

It all happened so quickly, yesterday morning she was fine and excited to see me, then me and george went out and mum and dad looked after them for the afternoon, they were playing with each other, and chasing each other around the garden. Mum says they didn't stop playing all day. Then we got home at about 4pm, and she wasn't quite so excited to see us, and she walked over to a chair which was in the garden and jumped onto it, i went over and gave her a cuddle and she gave a horrible scream, and i noticed that her paw was held up in the air. I then saw that her claw had come away from her foot and she was in a lot of pain.

Mum drove me and Daisy to the vets and we saw the loveliest vet we have ever seen. She was shocked at seeing poor little daisy, and she thought she was an old dog, as she looked so tired and old. Daisy did look like she had had enough. I talked to the vet for quite a while, and the vet said that she could of pulled the remaining claw off, put on antibiotics and bandaged it up , but she said that we would be back in a couple of weeks time with another claw doing the same thing. I couldn't bear her to be in so much pain, that i said i think she has had enough , and the vet agreed 100%, so did my mum. I knew that this day would come with daisy but it is just a shock as it just suddenly happened, but maybe that is for the best, she had a great day playing with bluebell, and was in pain for about an hour, and then went off to sleep.

The vet said i was amazing to her, because of all the medicines and time i did for daisy, and she said a lot of people wouldn't have bothered as much as i did. She said no one would have loved her any more than i did. Once daisy had gone i said goodbye and kissed her all over and told her that we would all miss her so much, and that daddy and bluebell would miss her too.

The vet said she had seen dogs with bad claws before, but never seen a dog with bad skin, eyes, feet and claws all at once. She said it was a lot for a little dog to take.

I miss her little personality, she was so cuddley, she always wanted to be carried and kissed, and she followed me everywhere, even in the bath she wanted to sit with me, i was with her every day for her whole life and that is going to take a while to get over, i don't think any dog will have daisys personality. I just keep saying that i can't believe this has happened, i cant believe she has gone.

I did feel so sorry for her, poor thing. The vet said to my mum that it will break my heart losing daisy, and it really has. I feel part of me went with little daisy.

She was our first dog, and we only had her for such a short amount of time, if i had known she was going to go yesterday then i would have cuddled her all day, but i didn't know, and mum says that daisy knew how much we loved her and how much daisy loved us. Mum said she had a happy 12 months, and she was certainly happy with us, it was just a shame we had to fight so hard against this agressive condition, and in the end it won.

Daisy we love you so much and we will never forget you.

xxxxxx

Back