• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Agility Question

Melissa

Is a dog that isn't AKC or CKC registed allowed compete in agilty? My pup is purebreed but didn't come with any papers.

If it's the same as with UK competitions, you can go on a special register for obedience, agility and work trials, with any dog. You choose a working name just like breeders put on pedigrees but you don't need to have an affix, though you can should you wish to.

You can get an ILP registration from AKC and compete in all the dog sports except conformation. It is really easy, you just need to fill out the application, have proof of sterilization of pet and two good pictures of your dog to show its breed. akc.org will have more information for you. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. He's only 6 months so I won't be started for at least another 6 months (probably more to be on the safe side). I just like to be prepared and knowledgable before I start anything.

Back