• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spaying How long should I wait?

kaytee576

Sorry to ask this question but I am getting confused, I recently had my cavalier Rosie Spayed, A week later and she is doing really well :) We also have a Yorkshire terrier cross and we were planning to get her done in the next few weeks...but yesterday we noticed she has come into season, we totally worked it out wrong didnt think she was due yet.

I know the vets dont like to spay during season but I wondered how long should I leave it after her season before we have her spayed? Hope you can help thanks xx

My vets like to spay around 3 months after a season, gives the hormone levels a chance to even back out and for everything to go back down to a more managable size as well!

My vets also say three months. You want them mid-cycle once they have started going into heat.

Back