• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Crufts

freesia

I know this is a bit late, considering it was in March. But I have been nosey seeing if I could find some pics of Barney's dad and I found he was reserve in the mid limit class in crufts. Well done to daddy.:D He has got RCC on the pedigree, which I guess will be a res something. I don't really understand the terms.

Here is a pic of daddy.

http://honeybet.fpic.co.uk/p40338586.html

I thought your boy was a Rabymar!!

OK here goes, all the dogs who win their class at a Champ Show go forwards into the "Challenge", this is where the judge decides which dog will be awarded the "Challenge Certificate" which is the TOP honour, you need 3 Challenge Certificates, signed by three different judges to make your dog up to a Champion. The CC as it is also known as, or the "Ticket" basically says

"I (name of judge) am of the opinion that the dog/bitch (KC registered name of dog/bitch) is of a standard high enough to be considered worthy of the title Champion"

They then award the "Reserve Challenge Certificate" which is worded

"I (name of judge) am of the opinion that the dog/bitch (KC name of dog/bitch) is of high enough quality to replace the Challenge Certificate Winner should they be disqualified from the competition"

Then the CC winning Dog and the CC winning Bitch go against each other for "Best of Breed", the dog judge goes over and assesses the bitch and the bitch judge goes over the dog and assesses him, they then try to convince each other which dog fits the breed standard best and should be Best of Breed (BOB) sometimes they cannot decide so the referee gets called in, they go over both dogs and make the decision instead!! PHEW! Got there in the end!

So basically, the RCC/Reserve ticket is second best dog on the day, and if the top winning dog is disqualified the reserve ticket winner moves up to the top winner status. This has only happened once I believe in the history of Cavaliers and that was way, way back!!

Think that sounds complicated? Try working out which class to enter your dog in based on his wins :rolleyes: Once you get used to the system it is pretty straight forwards, but until you work it out, it is about as clear as mud! :lol:

Your boys Dad is one of my favourite B/T's out there right now, his kennel have some fantastic dogs and I am on a waiting list for one of them FWIW!!

Hope that helps/makes sense?

Last edited:
Thank you Cathryn, that is a lot clearer than it was this morning:D Think it will take a few times of reading to sink in properly. I didn't realize there were so many catagories.

How did you know he was a Rabymar, Cathryn? I hope Barney's coat grows in as long as that. He is a beauty.

Timbric sounds familiar, sure I have seen it somewhere mycavyangles, have you done a search?

It's nice to try and find what their families look like.:D

Thank you Cathryn, that is a lot clearer than it was this morning:D Think it will take a few times of reading to sink in properly. I didn't realize there were so many catagories.

How did you know he was a Rabymar, Cathryn? I hope Barney's coat grows in as long as that. He is a beauty.

Timbric sounds familiar, sure I have seen it somewhere mycavyangles, have you done a search?

Hi!

OK! Every-one has a mental picture in their head of the "perfect" Cavalier, this is formed when you read the breed standard which is a "Blue Print" so to speak of the breed. You then face the challenge of trying to breed a dog that will fit that original mental picture and then to find a judge who shares that same vision! Over the years of breeding different breeders start producing dogs of a similar "type" this is almost impossible to describe or explain but when you see it you will never forget it. It is almost as if they have a mould that they use as all of their dogs look very similar.

The moment I saw Barney, I just thought of the Rabymar's, they have such wonderfully cobby bodied and very glamourous dogs, Barney reminded me of another of their young boys called "Braveheart" another Apollo son! There are many famous lines out there where you see this same "type" thing happening, Homerbrent, Salador, Ricksbury, Toraylac, Miletree, Maibee, Aranel, Charwelton........... I am getting close to my own mental picture now but realise that the perfect dog has yet to be bred and most likely never will be, but am having fun trying!!

As for the differences between CC's and Res CC's being complicated you should try working out the differences in classes, there are age limit one's for the younger dogs, then classes based on wins at various levels and as for qualifying for Crufts the following year, let alone winning your stud book number! I fell lucky with Logan, he won his stud book number first try :rah: this is a highly regarded thing as a stud book number qualifies the dog for Crufts for the rest of it's life!! Way to go Logan!!

OK, have rambled on a bit now, but if you want to know any more about class systems and showing in the UK feel free to ask.......if you feel like getting even more confused :confused::confused: :lol:

Sounds like it needs military presicion.:D

Well done Logan, you must be very proud of him.:D

Sounds like it needs military presicion.:D

Well done Logan, you must be very proud of him.:D

Oh it gets better, dogs and bitches are judged seperately and if you are showing both sexes and your classes clash!!! It can get to be an operation of military timing! When I was showing at Crufts the other year, I literally ran out of the bitch ring with Sophie, threw her lead to my OH, grabbed Logan off him and dashed into the dog ring just in time to tag on the end of his class who were just having their initial look over by the judge before being moved round the ring, PHEW! Was that one ever close!!

I am very proud of Logan indeed, he was my first homebred dog to achieve that accolade :lotsaluv:

I remeber Lorraine Hughes dashing into the ring when she nearly missed the toy group judging , when Celebration got BOB. She wasnt the only one; the yorkie owner was very late , too.

Yes, I believe Alex Bubb only just got Entertainer to the group judging ring in time this year as well, you'd think they would hold the judging until all breed judging had finished, but of course the almighty BBC get to rule at this particular show don't they? :bang:

The cavalier judging was well over. I only stayed as I've alwys liked Celebration and knew he had BOB already.I think Lorraine had been chatting, further from the ring than she meant to be, so had to run.

The cavalier judging was well over. I only stayed as I've alwys liked Celebration and knew he had BOB already.I think Lorraine had been chatting, further from the ring than she meant to be, so had to run.

:lol: Oh that sounds just like Lorraine!! I always did like Paddington (pet name) he has been doing exceptionnally well in the Veteran classes this year too which I find spooky as it seems lilke only yesterday he was the hot young 2-3 year old that took the ring by storm!!

Ah, memories!! :lotsaluv:

it seems lilke only yesterday he was the hot young 2-3 year old that took the ring by storm!!

Ah, memories!! :lotsaluv:

Time flies. I got Teddy's fourth birthday card, from his breeder, yesterday. I always think of him and Joly as being just two years old. monty will be twelve in November. Where did the time go ?

Tell me about it!! Logan and Sophie are eligible for VETERAN in February!! :eek: That's 7 years old, barely seems five minutes since I was delivering them!!

Will see how Logan is looking, he's qualified for life, but Sophie would have to win a Veteran Class next year to qualify for 2009 as very sadly she never won her stud book number, there were so many very nice bitches being shown at that time and I didn't help matters by putting her up into Open just after a lot of them had won their titles thinking they would be pulled out for "Maternal Duties"! Sadly they weren't and she was somewhat outclassed against them, Bad Mommy!! I always felt Sophie was more deserving of her stud book number than her brother, and still do to this day, I can pull Logan apart (heaven help any-one else who tries to! :lol: ) but Sophie is VERY hard to fault, but HEY! That's showing eh?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My puppies here,, well India's puppies are sired by Apollo star .....from rabymar apollo

so they are Rabymar Apollo ( paddy's ) grandpuppies

thanks Pat and Ted Rogerson for such handsome breeding :)

Timbric is karen Bacon who lives in Worthing sussex a really good friend of mine ( she had puppy kisses yesterday with my lot )

Rabymar have a nice solid body with a very nice head i used an Apollo son and have got 5 great results here .........

Cahtryn am gona make ya cry with envy LOL am going up to stay with the Rogersons for a week at the end of Nov....OHHHHHHHHHHH rabymar kisses

Back