• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vomiting

CVFlagg

Vomiting-We are back in business!

My oldest started throwing up last night, at first it was just food, but now it is the gross yellow liquid. He is pooping as normal, no diahrea at all. He is quite sleepy but he has never been very active. I am wondering if he got into something that I did not seen? I have an appointment at the vet at 8:30am (CDT) tomorrow, but anything I should be doing in the meantime? I have not given him food, just a little water.

I did check his gums and they are pink and warm and when I felt around his belly he didn't seem to be tender or bothered. Any thoughts on how to make him feel better until the vet tomorrow? Thanks!

Last edited:
I am leaning towards him eating something, we'll see how things are when I get home.

My little one has bad allergies, so we can't have rawhides in the house, but there is certainly other stuff he could have found. Fingers crossed that it resolves itself.

Well now both of them are throwing up, the older one much more than the little guy. I have talked to the ER vet and she said to with hold food and water and take him to the vet appointment tomorrow at 8:30am. The strangest thing is that both of them are having regular stools.

The only thing I can think of is Monday of last week, I started to add a little dab of pumpkin puree to their food. But that was a week ago, I am just wandering if maybe that was too rich for their stomachs and it is just now catching up with them?

I am going to try and get to the vet early and get in and get them taken care of. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for checking.

Well, the little guy is fine. I spent the better part of my evening at the emergency vet with the other one, Bentley. I was hoping we could wait until our appointment with the regular vet today, but after he threw up 6 times in one hour, I packed up the car and drove like hell.

I actually really do like the vet at the ER vet, she is really nice and has seen Bentley once before, only thing I don't like is the cost-yikes! She did a full exam and blood work and everything came back normal. She suggested that he either got into something that I did not see or possibly, my lawn guys put fertilizer down that he could have gotten into. They gave him subQ fluids and an anti-nausea injection and sent us home with pills.

He did sleep with me and slept through the night and was much spunkier this morning. Hopefully, we are on the road to recovery, but I am going to call the lawn company and tell them that they must call me in advance so I know to run the sprinklers!

When Robbie was throwing up about every 2-3 minutes for 30 minutes he ended up with a diagnosis of Pancreatitis..Now his bloodwork was way out of whack for that but from what I'm reading sometimes the bloodwork is inconclusive..hopefully it was just a little stomach upset tho.

Well after a very sleepness night (on my part, the pups were sound asleep in their blanks), it looks like we are back to our old self. He has not thrown up since they gave him the injection for his tummy.

I gave him a little food in the am and the remainder in the pm, everything seems to be well. I thought I was keeping a good eye on them, they can't even go out into my fenced backyard without my supervision, but I guess they found something to get into!

I am just glad everyone is better. I was pretty much worthless at work today. Spent most of my time researching "nanny" cams so I could watch them all day!

Thank goodness they are both fine now. With both of them being sick it does make you think it was something they got into, and the lawn food sure could be the culprit. Lets hope that is the end of it eh? :xfngr:

Yes! One more trip and I will be the proud new owner of an emergency vet clinic or at least have a wing named after me.

I have called my lawn people and cancelled my fertilizer plan and I am just going to do it myself but use something organic.

Back