• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Molly's "cousin" Jackie

ourempire

Hi there!
Yesterday we got a new addition to our familiy - for the next 10 days. My husbands sister is going on holiday, and we promised to take care of her 12 year old cockerspaniel, Jackie. We have looked after Jackie before, but at that time we did not have a lively little cavalier :D
Of course we were quite excited to see, how they would get along :xfngr:
Jackie is an old, tired lady, who just want to cuddle and take slow walks, Molly can play for hours... When Jackie arrived yesterday, Molly immediately found her interesting. Not threatening, but exciting! Jackie found Molly a bit annoying :razz: - much too lively and curious. Jackie growls a bit, when Molly comes too close, but now they are sleeping on either side of me, lying still and relaxing :rah:
Jackies "mum" left a few hours ago, so I still have to try to walk two dogs at one time... Luckily I could work from home the entire week, so if necessary I can walk them seperately.
Here are some pictures - -

Hello and welcome, Jackie...
1457570816_41d4b37c38.jpg

Hi -I want to see what's going over there...
1456743247_e72ee3571d.jpg

How close can I get to this exciting new dog??
1457635632_af1e86856f.jpg

Finally sleeping - both of them...
1456741985_7c9d55f797.jpg

Last edited:
Jackie is lovely :luv: My mum used to have a golden cocker, she and Lady got on great.

Thanks everybody! Unfortunately they are not really getting along. It is like following the border guards of the border between India and Pakistan: A lot of strutting about and growling, but not open conflict!
They can be in the same room, but Jackie growls if Molly gets too close, and Molly barks if Jackie seems to get more attention than her! But I can talk to both at one time, walk them together (one dog running ahead, the other walking behind - I look extremely ridiculous! :dogwlk:
Actually Molly tries to get contact, but she is either ignored or growled at. Our fearless little cavalier has decided not to be intimidated, she "owns" this place and lets Jackie understand that! :rolleyes:
Well, at least they can be in the same room, and it is only 6 more days, but I just had hoped that they would enjoy each other more.

Last edited:
They will probably start to enjoy each other just as Jackie is leaving! I am sorry they are not happier together from the start though.

Now Jackie is leaving in a few hours :drivecar:. They were not completely happy about one another, but their relationship developed into "acceptance"!:rolleyes:
Molly could become a litte jealous, and Jackie a little irritated, so I ended up calling them Monster and Grumpy ;)
One thing they could agree on was that getting near the kitchen meant begging for treats! When I sometimes DID give in they would run together wagging their tales after me! It was not that hard work having two dogs, and Jackie IS a sweet dog!
1512665695_9f46bc15d7.jpg

i am seeing so many cocker with cavaliers!

yay! and they look so cute together!!!:paw:
too bad it didnt work out for them..

Back