Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niko

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Niko

It's been three weeks since we found out our oldest cat, Niko, may have cancer, and given his age, we decided not to pursue any great measures. The last week he wasn't eating normal, the last few days only treats mattered. It was time. He was my first pet in my adult life; for well over a decade he was my constant source of comfort, now I can't imagine when this pain is going to lessen.
    Sweet dreams, Big Boo.
    September 28, 2007

Last edited by Jen; 1st October 2007 at 05:38 PM.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry Jen. I hope time will bring healing. His sweet memories will one day bring gentle smiles and less tears.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about your little man Jen. I am sending you healing hugs and kisses and will pray your happy memories will help you through this difficult time.
    Luvzcavs xx
    Harry (tri) and Digby (blen).

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Jen, I'm so very sorry for you. Niko was just beautiful and I know your memories of your time together are even more stunning. Hugs to you.
    Spencer and his mom, Whitney

Post Thanks / Like

Remembering all the funny and loveable things will help. I know how you feel though still miss my first forever furball to this day 25 years later...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry to hear this. I hopë you will find comfort in the memories, even though this is so very hard.

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry to hear this Jen...

Thinking of you right now time heals all wounds, you made the right decision by him
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for the loss you feel right now and can really empathise with you, having been there. As others have said, the pain will ease and yes, a time will most definately come when you will once more be able to smile when you think of the hundreds of happy moments you shared. You did what you had to do and what you know was the bravest and best thing for an animal you truly loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and for keeping us in your thoughts. His ashes are now ready for us to pick up, and we have decided to plant a flowering shrub in front of his favorite window; we'll spread his ashes when we plant it. I think it will bring me a lot of comfort to have this type of marker for him, especially once the shrub blooms next spring.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jen,

I am heartened to hear this, when dogs of mine have gone to the bridge we have often planted shrubs on their memorials, I was only this week-end gone wandering in the garden by the shrub planted on the memorial of one dog in particular and it was doing so well, I found it a great comfort indeed!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!