Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Niko

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Niko--he was so beautiful. Though it was hard, I'm sure you made the right decision for Niko.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.
    Denise, Wrigley (Golden-5 Yrs.) and
    Mia Bella (Cavalier-2 Yrs.)

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for the loss you feel right now and can really empathise with you, having been there. As others have said, the pain will ease and yes, a time will most definately come when you will once more be able to smile when you think of the hundreds of happy moments you shared. You did what you had to do and what you know was the bravest and best thing for an animal you truly loved.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and for keeping us in your thoughts. His ashes are now ready for us to pick up, and we have decided to plant a flowering shrub in front of his favorite window; we'll spread his ashes when we plant it. I think it will bring me a lot of comfort to have this type of marker for him, especially once the shrub blooms next spring.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jen,

I am heartened to hear this, when dogs of mine have gone to the bridge we have often planted shrubs on their memorials, I was only this week-end gone wandering in the garden by the shrub planted on the memorial of one dog in particular and it was doing so well, I found it a great comfort indeed!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is an excellent memorial to remember them.

Post Thanks / Like

Jen, that is a beautiful plan and a fitting tribute. Big hugs to you and your family.
    Owned by Barkley the CKCS , Sweet Pea the ET , and three goofy cats!