Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dyson Animal cannister vacuum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love my Dyson Animal vac!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well we just bought some new bags for the Miele Cat and Dog on {shhh don't tell Cathryn } - they are much better than the Miele own brand ones!!

I had to turn the suction down as it was lifting the carpet

They are fabric with a plastic docking system, and fit really well

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIELE-FJM-CAT-...QQcmdZViewItem

They also do spares for most makes - appears to be a traditional shop who now also sell on E-bay.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denise G. View Post
    The only drawback I've found (and this is true with any vaccuum cleaner, I'm sure) is that I have to hand clean the floor brush as they get tangled with fur. I usually use a kitchen knife to cute lengthwise across the brush to loosen the fur and it's much easier to remove. I haven't found a way around this, but it's a small price to pay for a really great vaccuum cleaner
    The best thing we've discovered for removing this hair is a pair of long handled, angled toe nail scissors

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Titania-Angl.../dp/B000TBZH5S

You can get these are most pharmacies too - they are excellent for lifting and cutting the hair.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, this is an old thread on the Dyson Animal. Do you all still love it? I have been looking at this for awhile. I finally had to duct tape the front of my old vacuum because the rubber is coming loose. It is eventually time to get a new one. The price is hard for me to swallow, but if it lasts than maybe I will not feel too bad.

So, for those of you that still have the Dyson Animal. How is it holding up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gocamping View Post
    How is it holding up?
    I don't own a Dyson, but the Consumer Reports magazine information (based on subscribers' answers to their annual survey) lists Dyson as having the least amount of repairs after Kirby uprights and Rainbow cannisters. If Dyson made a model with disposable bags, I might give it a try. I don't want to inhale all the dust when cleaning out a plastic bin. My dust allergies are horrendous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The dust pretty much just goes into the bin if you hold the container inside and thump it out. I found I got a lot more dust around handling bags and removing them from the regular style cleaner. I've a dust allergy too but not a horrendous one.. I was worried that dust would drift around but it doesn't. maybe because the dog and cat hair binds it all together...

I've had my main Dyson Animal for several years, never needed a repair or replacement. The cost of bags actually is a hidden but huge cost on regular vacuums so a bagless style ends up costing a lot less. I think the figure is they break even after 4-5 years.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com