• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shaking on Waking up

mhester47

Good afternoon everyone. I did a search and didn't see anything on this topic.

Molly when she wakes up shakes like a dog does when they are wet or like a person does when they take a chill. She doesn't seem to be in any pain, but it's just odd. It's like she's trying to fluff her fur or shake something off. Does anyone else see this in their pups?

On another note, Molly's knee is much better. She hasn't popped it out at all since July and the vet and I monitoring it now. Hopefully we'll stay at a grade 1 and not need any further intervention.

I love the people on this board you have been so helpful to me and I can't tell you how much information I have read and put into practice. My furbaby will be 1 on 10/5. I can't believe how fast it has been. Just like my children, they grow so fast.

Molly's Mom.

Holly is now 20 months and she has always done the shaking action on waking up. Its just something she does to wake herself , like we stretch, actually she does that too. Sometimes if im still sleeping in the morning I swear she stands as close to me as she can then shakes herself like shes trying to wake me, which she does.

Most of mine do that as well, along with a big stretch and a yawn, as if they are getting limbered up for the day ahead of them!! :lotsaluv:

Mine stretch like :c*t:s, you wouldn't believe how long such little dogs can be! This with big yawns.

My two shake themselves every morning and Minnie stretches back and then forward, it's the longest stretch I've ever seen - it even makes ME feel good :lol:

Yup. Every morning ours strech out, then shake, then sniff each other's butts...apparently there could be some confusion as to who is who in the morning. :rolleyes:

Yep all of mine do this too. Get up, have a good shake, a yawn, some stretching & play bows, a bit more of a shake. Sounds pretty normal to me. :)

Sasha shakes out every morning when she gets up... I love that! She also stretches out her front legs and back legs at the same time, which is the cutest thing!

I love every little thing she does. :luv:

Back