• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chester has a new brother!

GudrunTheRed

I haven't been posting much lately, but for those of you who don't frequent the CavConn forum, I wanted to post the good news that I adopted a second Cavalier on August 17! His name is Rupert and he's almost 1.5 years old and I adopted him through Cavalier Rescue USA. He is an absolute doll baby and we all love him to pieces. I've always wanted Chester to have a little brother and the two of them are like peas in a pod! Gabriel and I are soooo happy and can recommend getting a second dog to anyone. Getting Rupert as an adult was especially wonderful because he was already housebroken and fully trained. I am not ready to deal with all the work of a puppy right now, so Rupert was a little gift from above and has assimilated into the household with almost no effort.

Anyway...on to the good stuff. Here's some photos I took this past weekend. I decided to torture Rupert by dressing him up in Chester's King costume and he actually tolerated the crown much better than Chester ever did!

Rupert lubs his Daddy:
1476875355_c97cb9fb4b.jpg

Standoff over the Nylabone...who will get it?!
1476874761_ec9ea70637.jpg

Rupert will!
1477731968_80d167df4b.jpg

Plotting Mommy's demise for making him wear this silly getup...
1476872701_15cd76da01.jpg

Resigned to his fate...
1476873413_b59dfa4eb5.jpg

My sweet, sweet boy
1477729976_a55c2c1237.jpg

Alright...you've seen enough pics of me today, now leave me alone for cripes sake!
1476872299_d75144b8b5.jpg

I had to sneak in a couple of my beloved Chester and his mighty ears!
1476874611_4af06fd694.jpg

1476874265_2608f7f167.jpg

What beautiful pictures! Both of your boys are adorable; congrats on the new addition! Now I want a second one! :rolleyes:

Congrats Monica!! :) How fun for all of you!! Great pictures, I can't believe how long Chester's ears are! WOW!!

I know what you mean about telling everyone how great a 2nd dog is, I do the same thing. Everyone needs a buddy!

Congratulations on your new addition. Its so great to see a rescue go to a wonderful home.

:rah:Happy Belated Gotcha Day, Rupert!:rah: from your friends in Miami

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen ears like that on a Cav before. He is stunning!

Congrats on your new addition - he is stunning as well. It's so cute how a lot of tri Cavs have those brown "beauty marks" on their face...my Maggie has one as well.

What total sweeties!

Congratulations on your new addition, he looks wonderfully settled with Chester, thanks for the :snap: :lotsaluv:

Wow those ears are fabulous. Rupert looks like a cutie pie. I'm glad he is getting on with his new brother.

:)

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments! Rupert and Chester are such great buddies and I can't imagine life without the both of them now. Every evening after dinner all 4 of us sit on the couch together and it's the most wonderful thing ever! Chester usually chooses Gabriel's lap and Rupert curls up next to me with his head on my thigh and it's pure heaven.

Back