• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing myself to you all!

Celticharmony

cavtiny:)Hi Everyone,
I am the owner or a darling CKC Ruby called Maxie who is six yrs.old. My previous Cavvies were Toby a beautiful Blenheim and Louix a Tricolour, whom I still miss so much even after two years has passed. Am thinking of searching for a Black and Tan companion for Maxie as I think he would benefit from some canine companionship, even if he does seem to enjoy being 'The Boss ' since being the only one. We love to go to a secluded beach round here for long romps, but Maxie is not into actually getting himself wet, so no swimming!!
So look forward to chatting with you all and hope you will bear with me until I find my way round, as I am a novice PC user. Best wishes.:)

Thank you so much. Really loving this forum, seeing your adorable dogs and of course reading the amazingly helpful topics. As soon as I can familiarise myself properly with this PC I shall set about putting Maxie's photo up.

greetings and welcome,

I can sympathise with you and the PC novice thing I am hopeless with computers myself. :) I've made a few mistakes but thankfully I think I am getting the hang of it.

Hello and icon_welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing pics of your pooches.

As for being a computer novice.............. always remember the UNDO button and you'll be fine ;);)

Adorable doggies!

Thank you and I really love your doggies. Where did you find such beautiful dogs? I feel so concerned about searching for a Black and Tan as companionship for Maxie as there is so much bad publicity about uncrupulous breeders. How on earth does one know who to trust now or am I just over-reacting?:)

Thanks a lot for the confidence boosting mail! Love your photo. I love all dogs, but this breed is to me so very special. Will work on photos and hopefully eventually manage it!

Thank you and I just love your doggies too. I am soon to search for a Black and Tan as companionship for Max, but I'm dreading the long process, owing to the knowledge that we now have of all the uncrupulous breeders out there. It is a huge concern to me, but I guess with intensive research I shall get there.

Maybe you should also put your name down for a rescue, they are such a joy :) I have a soft spot for the B&T's, and the tri and the blen and ruby, he he I would have them all if I could ;)

Yes, I have thought about that, but am just worried that having no background knowledge of his beginnings that the poor little mite may have some serious problems which unfortunately my finances would not be able to cover should they be long term. In my heart these are the very dogs I would love to offer a loving home to, but I guess my concerns for the health of the dog and if he was traumatised would worry me, especially bringing him into a home where another dog is totally established. This must all come accross as totally selfish, but it's more of a fear that I would let the little dog down badly and also be brokenhearted if I had to return him owing to not being able to afford Vetinary bills. These ten to be pretty high where I live.

A belated welcome from DownUnder

We love to go to a secluded beach round here for long romps, but Maxie is not into actually getting himself wet, so no swimming!!

Hehe, sounds like my guys. We too have a wonderfrul secluded beach nearby, but my guys think the sea is trying to eat them and are most unimpressed if I take them to near to the water.

icon_welcome

Last edited:
Max will go in just at the edge if you throw something for him to fetch, but if it goes an inch beyond what he considers to be a case of 'I could get seriously wet here' he doesn't bother fetching it.! Doesn't mind water on paws so much, but beyond that is no go territory. When we had Gemma our Lab, who adored swimming and retrieving my Cavies would simply stand at the waters edge looking out at her in amusement as if to say she was not quite the full shilling!

Welcome from Texas!!!!! Glad you joined the board. It is addictive. Judy and Dixie

Back