• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Collect the whole set?

Debby with a Y

Tongue in cheek...is it true that Cavalier owners try to collect the "whole set"?

My gorgeous Blenheim boy comes home today but I notice that Cav owners who have two usually have two varieties...when they have three they have three varieties...and oh, how I envy four-dog-owners who have one of each type!

So, is it true that y'all are trying to "collect the whole set" and have one of each?

And let me add that there is NOTHING more beautiful than a photo with all four varieties in it!

At one time we had a boy & girl of every colour, purely by coincidence.

Now I have a b/w pap , a tri charlie , a tri cav & a ruby charlie , so I really need a blenhiem & a red /white pap to balance it out ,lol

Yes, it's true we had to have one of each color. Our first was a solid black, then black and tan, ruby, tri, and finally blenheim. Another ruby is being planned for next spring if all goes well. Everytime we see another Cavalier my daughter says we need another one. These little guys are so addictive.

Hi, I really dont like the expression "collect the whole set" these are living creatures, they are not collectable "items". I am not trying to be horrible or awkward, just giving my opion :)

Hi, I really dont like the expression "collect the whole set" these are living creatures, they are not collectable "items". I am not trying to be horrible or awkward, just giving my opion :)

Its just a bit of fun. I have wanted a ruby girl pup to add to " my collection" for many years but i've always ended up taking on a rescue instead & had to put idea's of puppies aside.
In no way do I view my dogs as objects. if I did i'd get rid of all my old , mangey & vicious ones & buy sparkly new puppies

I would love more cavaliers l only have 1 Blenheim girl at the mo, l love all the colours, so l wouldn't be too bothered having any colour or even the same again

Its just a bit of fun. I have wanted a ruby girl pup to add to " my collection" for many years but i've always ended up taking on a rescue instead & had to put idea's of puppies aside.
In no way do I view my dogs as objects. if I did i'd get rid of all my old , mangey & vicious ones & buy sparkly new puppies

Mutterings, round ankles, of , ''Who's she calling old, mangey and vicious ?''

Last edited:
Mutterings, round ankles, of , ''Whose she calling old, mangey and vicious ?''

Lol, now which one could that be.
She staggered down a very steep bank in an attempt to get some sheep this afternoon so there is still life in the old girl yet ,lol

Isn't it like a box of chocolates? Yeah, I love the carmel middle but wouldn't it be great to have some rasberries inside or maybe a nut or two.
I am actually already thinking about having a tri-colour someday. They are so cute.

I didn't mean to be offensive, it was a silly thought I had after viewing someone's BEAUTIFUL photo of three varieties together. Please enjoy it in the lighthearted manner that I intended. I think it is WONDERFUL that people have more than one furever friend. :)

I think I would have used the same expression as you, Debby. No harm intended, just semantics and it sounds fun to say ;)
By the way, we have a Ruby, but originally intended to buy a Blenheim, because we thought they were the prettiest (shhh - don't tell Molly!). By coincidence none of the Blenheim puppies came along, and suddenly we were offered Molly. The moment we saw the first picture of her, we wouldn't trade her for all the Blenheims in the world! But we are considering to have one more dog for companionship and joy, and then we would like a Blenheim - or maybe a B&T - or a Tri - or a Ruby????????? Now we know that all of them are just adorable!

When I first got interested in cavaliers, I wanted one of each. But as time went on we got into showing and then you start diving into how well dogs fit the breed standard. MANY wholecolors around me are too long, too short of leg, too narrow of face-- so we just started looking for the best bred (health, and conformation) cavaliers we could find. So, I have all parti colors (so far).

I started with Blenheims, then finally bred my own Tri-Colours, have to admit to having a liking for Black and Tan's with Rubies at the bottom, am currently hoping for a B/T and maybe at some point a Ruby but after 15 years of Blenheims, and the last 10 with Blenheims and Tri's it certainly would take some adjusting to I can tell you!! :lol:

I wish I could have one of all the colours, I have a blenheim, tri colour and black and tan, I sadly lost my ruby a few years back. do any of you have a favorite colour? I love them all but black and tan has to come top for me xx

I've had a fondness for Blenheims for decades. However, I would have gladly loved and adopted any color Cavalier. The breeder I selected just happens to have all Blens and so my baby is a Blen.

My partner thinks the Rubys are to die for, he thinks they are awesomely beautiful, and so one day I'd like to get a Ruby pal for Barkley.

Maybe the reason many people have all four is that all of them are SO beautiful that they can't choose! :luv:

I think that at this time in my life, two dogs would be all that I could handle, but I'd love to double that number when I retire!

Back