• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What's your Favourite Colour?

What's YOUR favourite Colour?

• Total voters
I had to vote for a Blenheim since Maverick is my one and only.

Debby w/ a y... your comment at so cute!

The first cavy I had ever see was a ruby.. they are cute cute... and I would love to have a tri... someday.

Well my TedBear would never forgive me if I didn't vote RUBY - so despite all the Blenheims in the house, I did!!

Like Misty, I love the way the sun shows all the different colours in the Ruby coat - and they have heaps of personality too.

I do love my Blens though - so it was a very close run thing.

Rubies Rule! but I love them all

I spoke to a lovely breeder recently who was a real guru about cavaliers with over 20 years experience and I picked his brain on all sorts of stuff!
I asked him about why he only has blenheims and a few tri-colours and I said I adored rubies, he laughed and said they are 'perverse'!!
I said 'How do you mean?'
'Well, if you have 20 cavaliers running around a tree, a ruby will always go the opposite direction!'

I'm not sure how true you think this is. I have had two rubies (my second ruby pup just for 5 days now) and they both back this theory up - huge personalities, non-stop energy and a bit bonkers!
Another breeder said they are all or nothing - very chilled or absolutely crazy!
I love all colours though and my Blenheim is very beautiful to me! :luv:

Harvey has told me Blenheim, with him being our first cavalier it has to be him but Ruby's are a very close 2nd, we are getting our baby ruby in 2 weeks (can't wait).

I LOVE THEM ALL...

Anna (Mum of Harvey)

I spoke to a lovely breeder recently who was a real guru about cavaliers with over 20 years experience and I picked his brain on all sorts of stuff!
I asked him about why he only has blenheims and a few tri-colours and I said I adored rubies, he laughed and said they are 'perverse'!!
I said 'How do you mean?'
'Well, if you have 20 cavaliers running around a tree, a ruby will always go the opposite direction!'

I'm not sure how true you think this is. I have had two rubies (my second ruby pup just for 5 days now) and they both back this theory up - huge personalities, non-stop energy and a bit bonkers!
Another breeder said they are all or nothing - very chilled or absolutely crazy!
I love all colours though and my Blenheim is very beautiful to me! :luv:

I would have to agree with that, my daughter reacons Sophie has ADHD
I love em all!!

Oh, that's so funny, Sharon! We had a ruby boy a long time ago, and he was just like that! If you wanted him to turn one way he'd go the opposite way. If you called him, he turned to the opposite direction waiting to see you there. We had so many laughs with our Sammy :D

I love all four colours, and of course I'll have to say blenheim most otherwise our girls will be offended. Tris are gorgeous too, and rubys but at the moment I'm particularly taken by black and tans.

I voted for Blenheims, but please don't tell my Molly that! :eek:

The Blenheims just look soooo sweet to me... that was my first choice, but I got Molly because she was a little older and figured that would make it easier on me for lots of reasons (housetraining, feeding, etc)... Molly is the BEST little cavvie, so tri-color would be my second fave color. :luv:

I find that most people, when they first meet her, think Molly is a boy - despite the PINK harness or collar that I have on her. I often wonder if the coloring looks male to people??? And I wonder if more people assume that Blenheims are female. Anyone with a Blenheim find that to be true? Or is just that people assume your dog is the same gender as their dog, and I meet more people who have male dogs!? Hmmm.... icon_nwunsure

-laura

Miles told me I had to vote for rubies!

Laura, people always think Miles is a girl - he does have that "soft" expression and he's very pretty, so I guess it makes sense...and he still pees like a girl! He's very energetic and loves to play like a crazy little boy, but at the same time he's kind of a baby - definitely a mamma's boy! :razz:

Well I´m a sucker for dark rubys and "softfaced" b/t but I hvae yet to see a Cavalier that I did'nt find beautyfull:eek:

My vote is for Ruby (Ginger and Bailey will be horrified!) But Lou is top dog with me and I love her little blonde furry feet. Have to go and squeeze her now!!!

At first I thought the tri's were just the cutest things ever! But now after looking at so many puppy and dog pictures on this site I have to admit I am now turning towards the black and tans. All of the colors are beautiful. I thought long and hard about which color to get next, and have come to the conclusion that absoutely any color will do, even another tri, I really don't care. I just want a second cavalier.

Thats a really tough call because they're all so beautiful! But I think the Blenheims just have the edge theyre so distinctively Cavalier!

Back