• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Part of my family

BarbMazz

Here is a picture of myself, my husband John, my daughter Andrea, Clancy, Bentley and Ozzy. Maggie, the ESS, goes crazy when cameras are around so she is probably somewhere outside the picture barking her sweet fool head off :D. Missing are my twin sons Bryan and Christopher. The photographer is a business partner and friend from Italy (who happens to be sweet on my daughter, which is why I'm sure he wanted a picture that day!!)

mazzolini-1.jpg

What a lovely picture!! Deffo one to frame and keep I say, nice to put a face to the name!! (y)

Great picture Barb!! Tell your daughter....can't go wrong with an Italian man!! :) (my father is Italian)

Lovely picture and certainly one to frame for posterity! Don't know the story of the Italian man, but can only say that I have many Italian friends who I visit as often as I can . I find them all to be the most warm, generous and friendly folk ever. I am a bit biased I guess, as Italy is my very favourite country to visit. The people, lifestyle, food etc is just so everything I love, and of course the amazing surroundings and weather helps!!

Lovely picture and certainly one to frame for posterity! Don't know the story of the Italian man, but can only say that I have many Italian friends who I visit as often as I can . I find them all to be the most warm, generous and friendly folk ever. I am a bit biased I guess, as Italy is my very favourite country to visit. The people, lifestyle, food etc is just so everything I love, and of course the amazing surroundings and weather helps!!

I think I will frame it, thanks!

This Italian man comes from the most northern part of Italy, in the Dolomites. Our third generation family business has been doing business with his family for all of those three generations, so he is already almost like family.

My daughter is flattered by his attentions, but feels he may be too old for her; he's almost ten years older. She's 22. I've told her I don't have a problem with it because she is a very grownup 22, and he is a very young 31. He's never married and lives a very young lifestyle. Plus, we know both him and his family so well that I have no qualms about it. He has invited her to visit him in Italy, but she is nervous to go. I'm encouraging her, because she's not been out of the US before and what an opportunity! He's also a ski instructor and she would like to try skiing. Over Christmas break from school is a distinct possibility. Sorry for the ramble, but I really want her to give this a chance!! LOL

I too love Italy. I was there for the first time this past March and had a wonderful time. I'll go back in a second... in fact I may tell Andrea that I'll go with her at Christmas so she can feel calmer!

What a great photo!! Tell your daughter she should read Adriana Trigiani's books...the Big Stone Gap series; their stories are very familiar!

I think I will frame it, thanks!

This Italian man comes from the most northern part of Italy, in the Dolomites. Our third generation family business has been doing business with his family for all of those three generations, so he is already almost like family.

My daughter is flattered by his attentions, but feels he may be too old for her; he's almost ten years older. She's 22. I've told her I don't have a problem with it because she is a very grownup 22, and he is a very young 31. He's never married and lives a very young lifestyle. Plus, we know both him and his family so well that I have no qualms about it. He has invited her to visit him in Italy, but she is nervous to go. I'm encouraging her, because she's not been out of the US before and what an opportunity! He's also a ski instructor and she would like to try skiing. Over Christmas break from school is a distinct possibility. Sorry for the ramble, but I really want her to give this a chance!! LOL

I too love Italy. I was there for the first time this past March and had a wonderful time. I'll go back in a second... in fact I may tell Andrea that I'll go with her at Christmas so she can feel calmer!

Oh I'm all for older men (says she who's OH is a whole MONTH older! :lol:) Seriously though, they are more settled and have a better sense of who they are, if she's interested then I'd be telling her to go for it too!! icon_whistling

What a great family picture. I went to Tuscany Italy for the first time this past July and loved it. Tell your daughter you'll be her chaperone in Italy. :rolleyes:

Tell Andrea not to let the age gap be an obstacle if she like this guy. My sister is going out with someone about 9 years older than her and they are so very good together, and she is much, much, much happier than she has ever been with anyone before!

As for the photo - you must put it in pride of place somewhere. It looks wonderful!

Brilliant picture! It is so nice to see the human faces behind the dogs ;)
Now we are all busy marrying your daughter off to an Italian: She has to think of the greater good: Italian food, you and your husband being able to visit Italy more often, her living in Italy or coming to Italy often, Italian ice cream, Rome, the landscape of the Dolomites etc. :D Good luck in the match making :xfngr:

Back