• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ellie has LP

ann

Just been to the vets because Ellie has been having spells of yelping and holding her back leg up. It soon passes, but the vet could feel her knee popping in and out. I feel sick :(.......He says in some cases the problem can right itself....My poor Ellie is only 11 months old :(......
I suppose the only good thing is that she is insured ......
Today she is charging around and you wouldnt think there is a thing wrong.
Ohhh I feel so depressed :(....I need both my knees replacing and keep putting it off.....now this :cry*ing:

:hug: I'm sorry Ann....it's not easy when our beloved 'babies' aren't 100%. Thankfully you do have insurance!:flwr:

:hug:

Hi Ann!

I am so sorry to hear this :hug: at least you know what is wrong now and you also know that it can be corrected, Ellie is insured so you know she will have the very best of care possible.

Other board members have dogs who have had this operation and I am sure they will post after me and offer you advice too.

This has come at the wrong time with you needing surgery as well, :flwr: :hug: We are all thinking of you right now, just log on here whenever you need a pick me up :p

So sorry Ann and especially right now with going through so much pain yourself. Please try to keep focused on further down the line when both of you will be free of your joint problems and hopping and skipping through the fields together once again. Yes, if it's any comfort at all, My Mum's one yr. old doggie had this same op with 100% success. Healed and mended very quickly particularly due to his young age, so please keep full of healthy optimism won't you? Always here if you feel like a chat or a vent, whatever.

Thank you all your kind support, it really does help.
Last year we had to have our 16 year old cat put to sleep, followed by my 15 yer old yorkshire terrier. This in itself was so sad. In January we got Ellie ( our breath of fresh air)........then in July our wonderful daughter in law died from cancer, we were devestated as you can imagine.......
Of course we have not got over losing our daughter in law ( never will)
Ellie has been a great comfort to us, and I can't bare to think of her being in pain......I feel very upset....but it has helped to talk......thank you.

I always say a trouble shared is a trouble halved! :lotsaluv: I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter in law, and am sure that all will go well with Ellie! :lotsaluv: :hug:

So sorry to hear that poor Ellie is having trouble with her knee. It's good news that there is an op to correct it but hopefully it will repair itself. Sending a :hug:at this difficult time for you. I'm not that far from where you live if you need anything. I sent you a PM a few days ago about the dog classes.

I am so sorry to hear this! Especially with everyone else that's been going on... fear not, Ellie can be cured! And thank goodness she is insured... that bill can be quite pricey! I should know.. I'm paying it next week! :eek:

Bentley just had this surgery 2.5 weeks ago and when he went in to get his stiches taken out this past Monday, the vet felt his knee and said everything was exactly where it should be! And Bentley is young as well; he is only 1.5 years old and the vet said he should be as good as new.

It's tough to watch him right now but he's a three legged little wonder :) He's so upbeat and happy as can be, never mind the fact that he only walks on 3 legs most of the time. But he's only got 3.5 more weeks of recover and I couldn't be happier!

:hug: Hope you feel better soon!

Please accept my sincere sympathy on losing your dear daughter-in-law.This must have been devastating for the family. So glad your little little doggie brought a little much needed sunshine into your life, and no doubt will continue to do so once she has recovered, as she certainly will. The previous mail should help to give you confidence on this. Try to keep focused on the positives and remember that we are all here should you need a chat.

So glad to hear your Bentley is making such progress. Sounds like a little guy with real character. Wishing him a full recovery so that you can both get back to having fun again.

Back