• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flying Puppy

Legs, Heart...S.M. and it should be vetted right away ...What medical records did they send you home with? Im thinking hes had his first shots? Its up to the shelter to provide you with whats already been done......Im assuming they wormed him?

Last edited:
That's very rare to find puppies that young for this breed at a shelter -- what a lucky coincidence that these puppies came up locally.

The biggest worry is basically that you have no idea what his background is and that will always be a risk. There's not anything you can do but test regularly as he gets older. They will always run a far higher risk especially of problems like early onset MVD.

Yes... He has UTD records for shots except rabies and deer ticks. We have also had to sign a document to provide the shelter when he is neutered. Otherwise we will forfeit being able to keep him. So am hoping my local vet will provide me with a closer age for him to schedule the procedure. *ouch* for this little baby. :(

That's very rare to find puppies that young for this breed at a shelter -- what a lucky coincidence that these puppies came up locally.

The biggest worry is basically that you have no idea what his background is and that will always be a risk. There's not anything you can do but test regularly as he gets older. They will always run a far higher risk especially of problems like early onset MVD.

I wasn't expecting any either. My mom spotted them first. She's always looking for a cute little face that is needy, but she really wants any older medium size dog. Thought she was looking at some Beagle puppies instead when she told me to take a look at these two.

O.K. I have to be honest here-

Bash away if you like but I really would like to give true help here. I dont believe that this pup came from a shelter- hes far to young and would have been sold online before being given up. ( he doesnt look 4 months to me, more like 12 weeks....)

Reguardless, if the members here can give you any help...hes already at your house, we need to know what you do know- and any background on the darling little guy. ...he is cute as a button and we all know this is what you wanted, but when I see gals that are doing true rescue....( and forgive me if Im totally off base here....perhaps he really was relinquished, but I find it very hard to believe they would give to the shelter before setting up a box at the local walmart for a hundred bucks....hes young and darling)

What history do you know. ?????

Help is okay! :) No bashing for caring members!:flwr: Because I do not feel lucky or fortunate at all. But, this little guy looks like a Cavalier to me. He's been at the shelter for 2 weeks. According to the records at the pound he and his brother were rescued from an abandoned home and registered under mixed breeds among several other puppies from the same place. Which I think they forgot to change to reflect his breed since both were destined to be at a local shopping mall for adoption this week. They did make the notation on our application for a CKCS puppy. I only have paperwork for current shots for the local vet that we'll be visiting next week. Hope I will know more after his physical.

Tricky is simply beautiful...I am so happy for you. I know how you feel, I had just about given up on ever getting a cavalier and along came Barkley. Tricky is precious and while there is a chance he will have health problems, there is also a chance that he will NOT have health problems. Raise him like the angel he is and feed him the very best food and just love on him like there's no tomorrow.

Thanks, Debby!:) Planning to do just that. I can't wish him to be like Barkley. Tricky is who he is. A pup with no past with a present day life filled with the unconditional happiness to and from.:paw:

When you have time and he sit down photos please enjoy him and take each day has it comes
----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Back