• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Irish members: Pet Expo today-Sun

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
This is on today thru Sunday at the RDS in Dublin so come visit if you can.

I'll be doing aility demos with Jaspar. There's no agility on Friday (today) -- the person who is doing the workshop can only do the weekend.

Times when I'll be there are:

Saturday workshop from 12pm-2pm & 3pm-5pm (with various short breaks)
Sunday from 12pm-2pm & 3pm-5pm (with various short breaks)
Timed course run @ 5pm Sat and Sun eve

I will probably be around the DTI stand from 11am onwards on the weekends so if anyone from the board is coming along, come say hi! I'd say there will be lots to buy and try.

Dogs are not allowed in so just be aware you can't bring your pet!

I'll be there on Sunday. My credit card is getting ready to be burned ;)

Good luck with the agility Karlin :D

would love to go but my grandson is getting christened tomorrow, have a dinner planned for sunday. have a good time to anyone that is going.

I'll be there tomorrow with my girlfriend and her nephews, we might drop over and say hello if we get a chance! Good luck in the agility!

Jaspar I think will be the only cavalier. He'll be the blenheim in a Puppia harness anyway! Eeveryone going should be sure to visit the Fish4dogs stand! I'll be buying a load of treats.

Soooo envious of you all, but cannot travel because of silly back problem. Hopefully next year. To all those who can make it, have a brilliant day.

I'm going either tomorrow or Sunday - can't wait! We'll make sure to see Jaspar wow everyone with his agility :p

I wish I could go as it sounds such fun, but unfortunately i can't make it from Cork as I have to go to a Wedding here tomorrow! I hope all those of you who are going have a wonderful time!!!! Karlin, hope the agility goes well. :)

Oooh it was PACKED today -- loads of kids too, and really fun! Lots of booths to visit with all kinds of information and products -- I stopped at some of the food booths and was delighted to find out the Italian food company Almo Nature -- which has some of the best quality food in Europe for cats and dogs (but pricy) will be starting to sell through Petstop in Blanchardstown. Zooplus also sell their food online and I get their cat food regularly.

We had crowds all day at agility. I really learned a lot and had some great runs with Jaspar -- he always learns a lot faster than me! I talked to a lot of people either with cavaliers or interested in them. I'd meant to bring some cavalier rescue flyers but never had tme to put them together.

Jaspar is just out cold now -- it was a long day and he got lots of attention from people -- which always stresses him out a bit.

Definitely recommend going to anyone that can make it -- but you'll probably spend a lot! :lol:

So glad to hear that you had a good time today and that Jaspar enjoyed himself so much, no wonder he's out cold now Bless Him! :lotsaluv: Sure does sound like a lot of fun wish I could have been there, bit far to travel for me though! ;) :dogwlk: Hope tomorrow goes well too! (y)

So glad all went well and that you and Jasper had such a good day. Just would like to know how Lilly is after her ordeal with the wasp yesterday. Been thinking of her.

I was out colder than Jaspar last night! I think I had to do more thinking than he did... :lol: Haven;t slept as sondly in a long time nor for as long.

I am off with him again now for the Expo -- a bit late but needed to get some odds and ends done first.

Posted on Lily to her own thread. :)

I was there today and it was such a great show. I got my fish4dogs tiddlers and some kong bones and treats from Mo Chara (it means 'my friend' in Irish and is an Irish company who make dog biscuits/treats), loads of samples of this and that. And I also got to meet Pete the vet - who brought us around a few of the stalls showing us things to help Molly with her barking. He was so nice to do that :flwr:.

I also saw Lisa and Tara from DTI but they were busy so I didn't disturb them and met Boomer the mini schnauzer - so cute :p.

Karlin, I went over to the agility section but you weren't there, I must have been too early for you. How were you able to concentrate on agility with those adorable miniture horses and the pigmy goat there? They were so gorgeous.

I can't wait till next year... :cool:

We went over today, and bought lots of goodies. Bought fish4dogs, Milly spent ages rolling on hers before she would eat it....she is so funny!!! She stinks of fish now!!
Also bought a cute cuddly bunny for Elliot and a squeaky squirrel for Milly from the DTI shop, and all those pink puppia's, I had to buy another one, got a pink lattice with little bow on , sooo cute!! Got them new toothbrushes aswell, and some shampoo!! Karlin, we saw Jasper, in his aqua-blue, loved his scarf/bandana!
Great show, just wondering who the agility trainer was? Dogs were all great!!!

I went yesterday it was brill - I'll def be back next year. Got loads of presies for Rex and a few for me too :D:D
I saw Jaspar whizzing round the agility ring - he's absolutely brilliant I got a few pics of him and a couple of the other animals I'll them post tomorrow. Karlin Jaspar is adoreable :luv:

We went on Friday evening so didn't get to see Jaspar in action :( but I got lots of Fish4dogs and some Salmon oil, Mars coat king,toothpaste, shampoo, ear cleaning solution and some notelets from guide dogs for the blind.
Did anybody see the baby kangaroo from Tyrone? and those Cockateels :eek:.............they were absolutely fabulous but OMG! that high pitch would drive me insane!!

I didn't get there til about 1 today as I had to do some stuff in the morning. :rolleyes: It took me a while to organise everyone so I could cycle over again -- debated bringing the car as I wanted to buy stuff, except I just hate dealing with traffic and parking so onto the bike we went.

I had a really good talk with lots of the people there and got cards and info on some of the food people, the salmon oil folks (they are interested in giving CavTalk people some special offers from time to time here!), Fish4dogs (Dog Training Ireland will start carrying their stuff here), the pet transport people in Belfast, the pet crematorium for Irish folks. Also.... I got a tester of the brand spanking new Dyson handheld Animal and it is charging up now even as a type. :lol: So will do a review of that for us.

Finally:

Here's my best boy! Pooped out on his new enormous merino wool dog bed (HIGHLY recommended -- www.bronteglen.co.uk and all three will fit on a size medium!) with his first place in the agility final! :lol: I was so proud of him -- each day we ended with a little competition for the dogs and in today's, Jaspar ran a perfect course in 14 seconds -- that was 10-11 jumps and twice through the tunnel. :w**h**:. The agility woman is named Carol from Scotland; she has come over to do a special weekend course for Dog Training Ireland before but I was away. She is really good! I learned such an incredible amount from our two afternoon sessions.

1572538456_e30e6d27cf.jpg

Congrats to Jasper - I bet he was so proud of himself when he got that rosette :cool:. I forgot to mention that if anyone was at the 'Shoot my dog' pet photography stand and saw a picture of 2 cavaliers and a human - that human was me :D. He also had a picture of Sinead O'Connor and a few actors from Fair City.

:cl*p: Well done Jaspar!! 14 seconds! :eek: Even I'd have had trouble keeping up with him!! :dogwlk:

Can't wait for your views on the new dyson (How did you wangle that eh? ;) ) sounds like a great time was had by one and all!! No wonder you and Jaspar had such a good long sleep!! :slp: :slp:

Back