• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Matters of conscience

I'm so relieved to hear this! I was really upset yesterday thinking of the poor little puppy, this is the most wonderful ending to the story. It would be absolutely lovely to see piccies of little Melody! :rah:

Yes I agree, but as you also never know who you are dealing with or how stable they are etc, I would never advocate approaching people without male support, just in case. Just so nice to receive so many good wishes for little Melody which I have passed on to my friend. To bring everyone up-to-date, Vet said she was very healthy little dog and she had an uneventul night with absolutely no fuss, is eating well and very sociable, lively and not in the least shy of anyone. I didn't even have to wait for her to approach me before picking her up for a little cuddle as she came to me straight away! I say this, as especially with other people's puppys, I take it slowly and let the little dog come to me rather than forcing him. So sorry, but like myself, my friend does not posess a digital camera so cannot post pics, although we took lots today and soon will have them round the house. We shall keep you in touch with Melody's
progress as time goes on. Your kind thoughts and warm wishes were much appreciated, and really sorry that so many of you were worried and naturally concerned as a result of this story. I assure you this was not my intention, but I desperately needed to share it with people who love dogs as much as I do.

I'm so pleased little Melody's found a great home with your friend, now she can be happy and loved, instead of sitting in the cold on her own

I am so impressed with your friend and her husband! (And so happy for her and Melody.) She was very brave about it, and bless that misguided woman for seeing an opportunity to give the little puppy a better life. Giving someone a puppy without bringing them in on the decision is plain stupid. I'm so glad this little puppy escaped a hellish life with a family that didn't want her. Happy ending all around!

Passed on all these wonderful comments to my friend who in turn thanks you all wholeheartedly. Melody is in fine spirits today and in her element playing in her huge garden which she has all to herself, but which I hasten to add is only for play times and business! In between she has been having contented sleeps in her luxurious little bed within sight but not too near a glorious log fire. She is just sooo adorable, merry and totally adjusted in such a short time to her new surroundings. My friend says she feels as though she has been given a new lease of life herself, as she felt so low following the loss of her own dog. So, we have a very very happy family. The previous owner dropped by would you believe and asked to see the puppy as she played in the garden. She had brought her a toy and there was a note with it, telling her that she was sorry for not knowing how to treat her properly. She genuinely knew so little about dogs, never having had one, that she thought she would be quite happy in her kennel in the garden! She also said she had been trying to find the best way of telling her Mum that the gift was a mistake and that the puppy would have to go to a home where she would be wanted and loved. So as the old saying goes,'never assume anything'. But also I feel the actions of my friend and her husband has taught us all that it is by actions instead of just talking that we can make real changes and that it can make a huge difference. This behaviour is so typical of my friend and why I care so much for her as a wonderful human being who is never willing to close her eyes to anything which concerns her.

What a lovely ending for the little Melody, it could of turned out so much worse for her, a lot of people would of just walked by, congratulations to your friend.:)

That makes me cross,why have animals.I think because animals cant talk people dont think they feel cold,pain,sadness etc etc......

That is such a wonderful, heartwarming story. And I'm sure the poor girl who recieved the puppy as a gift is feeling guilty- it sounds like honest ignorance rather than deliberate cruelty.

Re photos- even if you don't have a digital camera, most printers now have a built in scanner. Ordinary photos can be scanned in to the computer and then posted the normal way!

Hi Lisa and thanks for that. Will do all we can to get pictures soon. It's just that we live very much out in the sticks and quite a way from town, but it will happen. Do you have pics of your doggies on here? I note you have a B&T and as I am patiently waiting for the same I wondered if you had to travel far for your dog? If this is considered an unethical question or breaks any of the forum regulations, then please don't answer, as I am unsure.

:)Been round to see little Melody today and she is doing amazingly well and totally adapted to her new home. She is really placid, but also very playful and fearless. Very bidable and always stands at the door to let my friend know she needs to go out! A real little angel in fact, so I guess all is well that ends well as the old saying goes. A beautiful photo of her in a silver frame has now taken pride of place on the mantlepiece. Just sorry that we as yet haven't got round to getting them on here. Again, thanks to all who send good wishes and nice thoughts.:)

Hi Lisa and thanks for that. Will do all we can to get pictures soon. It's just that we live very much out in the sticks and quite a way from town, but it will happen. Do you have pics of your doggies on here? I note you have a B&T and as I am patiently waiting for the same I wondered if you had to travel far for your dog? If this is considered an unethical question or breaks any of the forum regulations, then please don't answer, as I am unsure.

I don't think it does. And no, I did not have to travel far to my breeder's. I got Holly through pure serendipity- I hadn't actually wanted a B/T! Now I wouldn't exchange her for anything, neurotic stubborn little princess that she is.

Thanks a lot Lisa and please keep fingers and toes crossed for me that I shall be successful in finding a reputable breeder. I don't mind the wait as long as my dog is healthy, but I guess it will be a long process as most breeders within my area breed the Blenheim or Tri.

i just read this thread..and the first post made me wanting to go rescue this dog...hehe.
im sooooo glad it has a happy ending..waht a lucky little pup.

ill keep my fingers crossed for you too!

Back