• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy update

Hi Barb, nice to hear from you! So how is Star doing? Bossing around other dogs, is she? Sounds like one something out of our girls!!

We still have B & T's here, we may have them around for a while. I think Lisa T is correct, so many people think Cavalier and automatically think Blenheim. Oh well, more to love!

Lisa T: I too have always liked Barb's sig. And I also like yours; W.C. has always been one of my favorite old time comedians. My other favorite quote was from Stan Laural in Way Out West; he said "You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.". Made no sense, but (in my warped sense of humor) was hilarious.

Hello Bruce - I am orginally from St. Paul Minnesota but living in England now! If I were home I would help you out having said that I just got a little black and tan girl and she is beautiful! That now makes 3!! But I agree with the other comments - I can take one out and leave 2 behind. Its lovely and working well for me but must add all my friends think I am out of my mind getting a third Cavi.
Someone said B/T are harder to get ahold of in England but not sure if this is true or not. I am just short a Ruby!!:)

I haven't posted for a long time. I am waiting for the dogs to complete their last potty run and thought I'd check in w/ cavaliertalk. I was lucky enough to purchase a black & tan little boy from Kris and Bruce last week. We named him Angus and he is beyond adorable. I have a nearly 2 year old tri named Seamus and they are getting along fantastically. All the puppies at Bruce's were adorable....I think B&T's have the cutest faces. It was hard to pick just one!!

Glad to hear Angus is doing well. We were so happy that you decided to adopt, you are the perfect family for him. Hope his potty training is going OK; although it should help to have Seamus there to help show him what to do. Did Angus and Seamus get along OK when he first got home? I hope he is eating OK, he suer was a little pig when he was here!

Sorry for all the questions, I always seem to worry about the puppies way more than I should. Be sure to post some pics of the two of them.

Hey Mary - congratulations on your new puppy!! Of course we are all wildly jealous that you now have a Bruce pup!! Would love to see a picture of Seamus and Angus together. You lucky dog!!

Hi Bruce-
He is a eating like a champ (everything he can get his paws on)! He has already figured out where the treats are on the kitchen counter and sits there waiting w/ Seamus after he goes outside. Unbelievably- he has only had one accident in the house. I am afraid I am jinxing myself but I think we maybe nearly finished w/ potty training. He slept w/ me last night w/out incident (or accidents).

Seamus and Angus are fast friends- they are constantly together. It was a little dicey when we first brought him home...just kept an eye on them and by Sunday it was worked out between them. We truly adore him, I will post pictures of the two boys. I will send you and Kris pictures of him as he grows. I suspect he is going to be a handsome, big boy!!

Pictures of Seamus and Angus

Here are a few pictures of my boys:

2034333473_8655c7e94a.jpg

2035133238_bd719bff8e.jpg

2034334157_9ebbc370bb.jpg

2034335697_4bd724588f.jpg

Angus is about 16 weeks old and Seamus is nearly 2. I am nuts about them! Mary

Hi Bruce ,
Wish you were in Ireland , could do with a B&T to complete the colours . Mind you i'd have to move out first , Rua is still a handfull but a very loveable one . I dont understand why people dont just love the B&T's . I sure do , mind you if a cavalier was pink and yellow I'd love it to bits .
Mimi

Hmmm there's a thought, pink and yellow - maybe we should change the breed standard LOL

Angus is really cute, I love his milky white chin! Seamus is putting on a very long suffering expression there!

What cuties they are! I'm with Nicki, Seamus has such an expression! They are both adorable!

Thanks for all your kind comments. Seamus is definitely long suffering...Angus has infinite energy and wants to play w/ Seamus constantly. I also have an 11 year old Newfie who has decided the best course of action is to completely ignore the puppy. I can't believe I am saying this but I can see the day in the future w/ 3 Cavaliers in my family!!! Mary

:lol::lol:
Sounds like a typical puppy! If we could harness puppy energy, we wouldn't have an energy problem; we need to gigure out how to connect puppies to electrical generators. Remember also that Angus was used to being around all his littermates AND all our adults! He'll calm down a bit as he gets older.........I hope. Glad that he's doing good and let the other dogs know that it's OK to discipline him if he gets too pesky.

Star's "cousin" Chaucer has been visiting for 12 days now; we bring him back home tomorrow. It's great to have two dogs in the house - we'll have a hard time adjusting after Thanksgiving! Star is a funny little thing - the most submissive dog in the world when we are out of the house. But when we are in the house, she's Little Miss Bossy Boots. Toys, chew sticks, food, people - they all belong to her exclusively!

I told my husband that Star needs a sister for Christmas, he is still in shock...:yikes

Back