• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pickles --

zizzi

Hi Everyone...

A new development with Pickles.

First of all she has a swollen third eyelid (says the vet). It looks awful and I'm giving her drops for it but it's not improving (since Thursday).

This afternoon she was sleeping on the sofa when suddenly she yelped and cried out. We thought she was having a nightmare but then her front paw was lame when she got down off the sofa and she yelped and cried again. She really looks poorly and I took her to the garden 2x for a wee but she just sat down and refuses to walk at all.

I'd say she sprained her leg but -- she was sleeping for goodness sake!! My husband thinks that she must have moved in the wrong way and hurt herself.

I'll take her to the vet tomorrow.

Any idea what could be wrong? I really don't see how, but, could there be any correlation between the eye and the lame leg? (That seems like a ridiculous question but she's my first cavalier ever and I just don't know what to do.)

Just an update... Pickles woke up from her long afternoon nap and seemed right as rain. We went for a walk and she ran and played in the field down the road.

I don't know what was going on earlier today. Weird.

Don't know if dogs legs can go to sleep like ours can..but maybe she had slept on it wrong or something like that

So glad she is better. Sorry not to be able to shed any light on what was going on with her leg and hope she will have no further trouble with it.

Maybe possible she gave herself a dead leg, hope her eye dosen't take too long to get better.

Poor little Pickles. I hope the eye sorts itself out. I am glad the leg issue resolved itself. I can't really offer any suggestions, but I've seen mine limp around for an hour or so and then seem to be fine after that. Anyway, whatever it was with Pickles leg, I hope it was just a brief passing thing.

Back