• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pippin SHAVED - Luxating Patella surgery tomorrow

Ann - the vet didn't give me an collar for Pip to wear. I meant to call and ask about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Here is the latest news in an email update that Mom sent me about 1:30 PM:

Pippin has eaten all his breakfast and drank a small saucer of water and had his white pill that was on the dog cabinet and has gone outside with MOM's help on down stairs and walked out on the lawn and had a bowel movement. Pippen, then when MOM was not looking, suddenly was on the porch waiting to be let in. I had Dad remove the plank as Pippen is scared of it and will not go on it.Pippen is now laying on the living room couch and does not want to be removed. I tried and he got up and repositioned himself and laid back down. I originally helpped him up on the couch and he likes it there. He has been sleeping and relaxing. The other dogs have been in and out the deck door and loves the freedom. Dad is home and he and Pippen are watching TV. Love Mom

Pippin is doing very well in his recovery. He is hopping around on 3 legs. He didn't need the e-collar at all. He doesn't lick the wound. I take him back to the Vet's office on Tuesday morning to get the staples out. The surgery wound has no blood or infection. It is very neat and clean.

1590110625_ca6cc9df33.jpg

I'm glad it all went well, you must be relieved the worst is over. The first time I saw staples (on a human) I nearly collapsed as I had no idea "staples" meant "STAPLES" like the ones from a staple gun. :eek:

It does look nice and clean though.(y)

Wow, that is a nice clean incision. That's also nice how the vet didn't shave Pippin's hair all the way up to his back.

So glad he's doing well! :lotsaluv:

Hi Charleen, I was just catching up with Pippens surgery post. How is he doing today? How did the staple removal go? Poor little dear. Please let us know when you get a minute. By the way I loved the email from your Mom, it was great.

Hi everyone. The vet took out the staples and Pippin didn't even know he was doing it. There was no pain or discomfort. He said that Pip is progressing at a normal recovery pace. There are no problems. I have another follow-up in 2 weeks.

My Mom has been so helpful during Pippin's recovery. She is home with him each day and for all the follow-up vet check-ups, she has been following me to the vet's office in her own car. My vet is half-way between my home and my work. So I have scheduled all the visits for first thing in the morning. After the vet visit, Mom takes Pippin home and I continue another 30 minutes to work.

I am so thankful for my Mom and for my Vet and for Pippin himself. He is doing so well and takes everything in stride. Jolly has gotten Pippin to play with him again. So Pippin is definitely feeling better. It is a gentle play and so nice to see. :luv:

That is such good news Charleen. I hope Pippin continues on this mending trend. Your Mom sounds like an angel, she must love Pippin very much, oh and you too!!! :)

I just wanted to share the good news with you.

Pippin just had his 1 month follow-up after LP surgery on his right back leg. He is doing great! b*n*n* When the vet saw that he could stand on his back legs, jump on a chair and how he was walking, he said that Pippin is doing great! He doesn't need to come back until next month now! :rah:

I had Pippin shaved prior to his surgery and I noticed that Pippin could lose a little weight, so I cut back his dog food. He has gone from 26 pounds down to 24.8 pounds in the last month. I think he looks perfect at this new weight.

Next summer, I am going to have Merry & Luke shaved for the comfort during the hot weather & so I can get their weight just right. It is just impossible to tell if I have them too thin or fat with ALL that HAIR!

:rah:Great news Charleen :jmp2: I'm delighted that Pippin is doing so well :luv: and back playing with Merry and Luke.

Back