Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cav On Done Deal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cav On Done Deal

Hi All,
    5 year old Cavalier on done deal for €150.00.
    Looks a bit of a state from the photo.
    Could this be rescued????
    Yvonne
    Yvonne

Post Thanks / Like

Seen it as well yesterday.Prob used For breeding. Karlin hasnt funds anymore to take dogs like this but said if we like we could rally around and get dogs out. If u guys can help me with funds i would take her and get her spayed i can get it on the cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought. Would this though be helping him to buy more dogs and use them for breeding?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll help if necessary

Hi, if you decide to get her, I can help a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Me too
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

I can donate as well.Were about is she.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't see this dog listed anywhere on Done Deal.

Can you send me the link as I may know about this dog already and there may be some 'issues' surrounding her -- Sallymum may also know this dog if this is the case.

If this is a different dog, and people want to chip in towards paying to get her I will donate some funds and will get her sorted and homed.

I would not recommend simply buying the dog unless someone has specifically said they will give the dog a home. There's a lot of extra work and a lifelong commitment to provide full backup on behavioural issues and to take back the dog at any time, plus to temperament test professionally and cover all the related vet costs before homing a dog as a rescue, and there are legal issues. Someone would need to make this lifelong commitment to provided her backup cover. You also can expect the vet costs to be in the range of €200+ as I am sure she is not spayed and if there are no other health problems, will need all the basics done. If there are any additional health issues you could be looking at several hundred euro in costs. So keep in mind all the additional costs that need to be covered and may need to be covered -- it is not simply the price of buying the dog to help a dog in such a situation. You would be looking at a minumum of €350 to get this dog ready for a home.

I am happy to help out on the formal issues and vet costs if people want to cover the costs of getting her but get me some more details first and also have a think about the situation perhaps -- someone will need to foster this dog. Maybe someone can ring to get information about her -- a couple of you are experienced at doing that without giving away too much info. Settle on ONE person to call as having more than one call can cause some big problems, not least that the person won't sell the dog as they get several calls and wait for the others to ring back.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

she is gone of Done Deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

to a good home.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I pray she's gone to a good home too.

I will always chip in a little money to help an ex-breeding bitch (or ex-stud dog) find their way to a warm fireside and a relaxing retirement.

If these dogs have come from unscrupulous "breeders", they deserve a good rest at the end of their "career". I'm talking ex puppy farm dogs here btw, so apologies to the good breeders .

We seem to collect ex-breeding dogs in our home - 2 ex-stud dogs, 2 ex-breeding bitches (2 of them from dreadful conditions). They are all so wonderful, given patience and love.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987