• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Questions about puppy stuff!

Ok, more questions!!!

We will be getting some food from the breeder when we pick Darcy up, but I have decided then to wean him on to the James Wellbeloved dog food. I am clueless ( I hold my hands up and freely confess that!!) will that be sufficient, or will he need something alongside the dry food? (As well of course as water!!)
How many times a day will he need feeding? I am guessing maybe twice, but that could be wrong! And will there be guidelines on the food as to how much he needs.

Incase any of you are starting to worry about my capabilities, we were as worried before we had our son as we hadn't a clue what to do with him really! He is happy, healthy, well adjusted, and I think we managed our move to parenthood ok - lets hope doggy parenthood is as smooth!
I just feel like such a novice amongst you experts, but I guess we all have to start off somewhere.

Following on from your advice, I now have a puppia. I bought a small and a medium so I am prepared. Having seen the medium I am guessing the small will be needed for a while as the medium looks huge, and I have read about if it is too big they can wriggle out easily (something we definitely don't want to happen!!)

I still have to get a tag, but other than that I think we are pretty much there.

Thanks again for your advice - it is SO appreciated.
Amanda

Adaph

im off to do shopping this weekend for my little guy and im SO excited! I only have 31 more days to go!!!

James Wellbeloved is a complete feed and totally balanced to meet your dogs needs, so you won't need to give anything else other than a bowl of water and a couple of hard chew biscuits last thing at night to help him when he starts to teeth.

PLEASE change his diet over very gradually, preferrably over the period of a week, moving home is enough to upset a tender young tummy on it's own, a total change of feed on top of that is a recipe for diaster in my humble (breeders) opinion!

Looking forwards to seeing :snap: of your new baby very soon!! :lotsaluv:

Back