Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellen DeGeneres trouble with a dog adoption agency

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Ellen DeGeneres trouble with a dog adoption agency

I don't know if the guys in US watched the show yesterday.. But Ellen cried A LOT on her show... You can read about why she cried on this link below.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/16/ellen-...n-on-her-show/

Basically she adopted this pooch and she found out that the dog wasn't getting along with her cats, so she gave the dog to her stylist's family. When the agency found out, they took the dog away.

For more details on the story: http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1243623082

What do you guys think on this? Personally I'm a big fan of Ellen and was both shocked & sad to see her break down like this on her show... She must feel awful. But I think the agency had all the fundamental rights to do what they did.

I just wish and pray that everyone is happy in the end. It's sad that the no-nothing media is trying so hard to dramatize the situation by pointing all the fingers at the lady at the adoption agency.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 17th October 2007 at 06:27 PM.
    VERONICA
    Mom to our precious little girl "Gingerbread" born on 8/13/2006
    If there are no Cavaliers in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Dear!!

Agree the agency had the right to do what they did under their adoption terms, but it is also incredibly distressing at the same time for Ellen and the stylists family too, sitting on the fence on this one!!
    Cathryn
    Cavaliers leave pawprints in your heart and hair on everything else!!
    RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD THROUGH YOUR KIDS, THE TOYS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THESE DAYS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto, Cathryn.

I just feel so bad for the little dog. Its got to be so hard on him/her to be bounced around like this.
    Julie and the Z-Team
    Miami, Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Just added another link to my original post for more details on the story by TMZ.

It is true that the real victim in all of this is the poor little Iggy. It must so be stressful to be bounced around homes like this.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 18th October 2007 at 07:23 PM.
    VERONICA
    If there are no Cavaliers in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe it will make the public think twice about breaking rescue contracts ......

I had a so called friend do this with some of my rescues & years later it still hurts to not know were they are. Saying that I wouldn't take a dog away from a home it was happy in

Post Thanks / Like

Did you see the awful comments people made if you scroll down.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Yes!!! I was going to comment on that as well. People can be so heartless - "its just a dog" - I am tempted to comment back on that website and tell all those people what I really think of them!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention all the horrible gay comments - people are just mean!

Post Thanks / Like

This thing which should have been resolved simply and quietly has clearly gotten out of hand. Now death threats are being received by the Mutts and Moms rescue group. I mean really, I knew this was a weird and scary world but I didn't know it was that weird and scary.

What are we teaching here:

1. Its wrong to remove a puppy from a loving home (I agree, of course)

2. but its okay to kill someone (Since when????)

Folks we are in real trouble is anyone out there in that big scary world actually believes this! (IMO)
    Julie and the Z-Team
    Miami, Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I didn't notice the comment section when I posted the link but wow these comments are bizarre and some downright rude. Well at least it's good that all this publicity gets people to talk about the issues on pet adoption and will hopefully change some people's views towards it. I know if I didn't have Ginger I would never have learned about all the hard work the rescue agencies put in finding good homes for these pets (with most of them at enormous amount of stress for what happend in the past), and I would have never understood the rules set by the agency.

I do have a slight wish though... that I wish the agency provided some sort of flexibility given the situation by not making such a quick decision to take away the dog, but by carefully evaluating and considering that what Ellen and her hairstylist's family's did were sincere and meant to cause no harm to the dog... I just hope that the agency will do what is really really the best for her.

It's so horrible that the agency is getting all kinds of death threats and being humiliated by the media. I wonder if Ellen saw this coming...
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 17th October 2007 at 08:40 PM.
    VERONICA